Old 22-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Tom La Bron

Default Pumps Working. was ah spring?

John,

Today I pulled my new pump out of the bucket of water that I was storing it
in to put in the bathtub to make sure it was still running all right. I
have the bathtub about 3/4's full and had the pump standing on end with the
side nozzle discharge open.

I turned to plug it in and as soon as the connection was made the pump
starting rotating the water in the tub (4,300 GPH) and then all of a sudden
it started to move and before I could catch it , it laid on it side and shot
a stream of water 6 feet plus in to the air. Thank the Lord that the tub is
also the shower stall and the shower doors were closed because it shot water
every where before I got it unplugged.

I guess it is safe to say that it is working fine.

Tom L.L.
"John Rutz" wrote in message
well it quit snowing so I got my plumbing rerouted and turned on all
three pumps all the plants are showing some signs of growth so maybe
spring is finaly here for real

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 22-03-2003, 02:32 AM
K30a

Tom wrote it started to move and before I could catch it , it laid on it side
and shot
a stream of water 6 feet plus in to the air.

I think I've done that at one time or another...
Today's trick was dumping the water out of the storage tub I'd been keeping the
lilies in all over my foot and not moving said foot because one of the little
fish who had been fertilizing the lilies flipped out and I had to catch him
first.

k30a
Old 22-03-2003, 02:32 AM
John Rutz

Tom La Bron wrote:
John,

Today I pulled my new pump out of the bucket of water that I was storing it
in to put in the bathtub to make sure it was still running all right. I
have the bathtub about 3/4's full and had the pump standing on end with the
side nozzle discharge open.

I turned to plug it in and as soon as the connection was made the pump
starting rotating the water in the tub (4,300 GPH) and then all of a sudden
it started to move and before I could catch it , it laid on it side and shot
a stream of water 6 feet plus in to the air. Thank the Lord that the tub is
also the shower stall and the shower doors were closed because it shot water
every where before I got it unplugged.

I guess it is safe to say that it is working fine.

Tom L.L.

ROFL I would assume its working also :-)

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 23-03-2003, 12:32 AM
~ jan

I knew there was gonna be a problem when you wrote: "put in the bathtub",
at least you shut the door, etc. ;o)

Btw, I've never stored my Becketts wet and have never had a problem. The
Demo Pond uses an Ebara and every spring we have to manually rotate the
impeller before it will run. Do you think storing it wet would prevent
that? I hate to think of the bother of doing so. ~ jan

"John Rutz" wrote in message
well it quit snowing so I got my plumbing rerouted and turned on all
three pumps all the plants are showing some signs of growth so maybe
spring is finaly here for real

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 23-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Tom La Bron

Jan,

I have one of the new large Little Giant 4,300 gph Pumps and I had called
the company last fall and they told me if I was going to keep it outside in
a cold area to keep it in bucket of water with the pump intake and one of
the discharge ports under the water with a little antifreeze in it to keep
the water from freezing. It still froze some because it got a lot colder
than it usually does in the winter here and I guess I didn't put enough
antifreeze in the water, but keeping in water keeps the seals moist and
sealed.

When I saw it was frozen, I found a place for the pump and bucket here in
the house and was using the bathtub to purge the antifreeze from the pump
with a large volume of water.

This is my first big pond pump. Usually I have smaller volume submersibles
and utility pumps pumping my pond water.

Tom L.L.
====================
s.com...

Old 23-03-2003, 07:32 AM
~ jan

Tom La Bron wrote:
Jan,
I have one of the new large Little Giant 4,300 gph Pumps and I had called
the company last fall and they told me if I was going to keep it outside in
a cold area to keep it in bucket of water

I have a LG from 1995, store it dry too. Being a power hog we only used it
1.75 seasons. Now days I used it for my draining and water changing needs
and I've never had a problem storing it dry. Though I do keep it inside in
the winter months. I hope it continues to hang in there. ;o) ~ jan

Old 23-03-2003, 03:08 PM
John Rutz

Tom La Bron wrote:
[...]

Tom Jan

I have been storing my pumps in the pond with no problems so far 1
little giant for 4yrs now a Beckett for 3 and the two mag drives this
winter all I had to do was plugem back in

John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 23-03-2003, 04:44 PM
REBEL JOE

Me Too I just leave it in pond

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Working LINK to Jim and Phyllis Website Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 5 18-06-2003 11:56 AM
[IBC] IBC Interactive Gallery is Finally Working Again! Luis Fontanills Bonsai 0 24-04-2003 12:08 AM
How to tell if plants are "working" redled Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:11 AM
Working with Pipe BenignVanilla Ponds 21 16-04-2003 07:44 PM
Solution to carrying your coat around while working outdoors - CoatClip Doug Hitchcock Gardening 1 15-03-2003 06:56 PM