Old 25-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Cleveland Ponder

Default Cleaning pond - surprising discovery

On Saturday the ice had finally cleared so I started to clean the
leaves off of the netting on my pond. I filled a 6 cu ft wheel barrow
six times. I was please to see that the fish had survived, but not
only had they survived, but it seems they have been very active as
there was a school of about 100 fry all about an inch long.

On the down side, because of my open heart surgery in November, I
wasn't able to bring the plants inside that were in the pools in the
steam or get netting over the pools and stream. What a putrid mess!
The upper pool still had ice so I don't have it cleaned out yet.
Filled a thirty gallon garbage can from the lower pool. Oh-well, good
compost material.

It is supposed to get cold (30's)again this weekend so it is still to
soon to put the pump in and I have more cleaning to do before starting
it up. But, it sure is nice being out side again.
Old 26-03-2003, 11:09 PM
Lee Brouillet

I'm pleased your fish survived: so many folks up North didn't fare so well.
It was a rough winter for everyone. It will take a bit to clean your pond
(even though it doesn't appear that your fish mind too much!), but take it
easy. If yours is like mine, no one else is gonna do it for you, so just
take it easy and do it as you can!

Good Luck!
Lee

om...