GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ground temp. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/11636-ground-temp.html)

Jan 25-03-2003 04:44 PM

ground temp.

Being new at this pond business, I am wondering if there is an easy way to
test the ground temp. b/4 putting the fish in the pond??
thanks
jan

K30a 25-03-2003 05:44 PM

ground temp.

jctsme wrote if there is an easy way to
test the ground temp. b/4 putting the fish in the pond??

It is the water temperature you want to test.
Handy floating pond thermometers for sale at
many pet supermarkets that carry pond supplies.
:-)

k30a

John Hines 25-03-2003 08:56 PM

ground temp.

ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

jctsme wrote if there is an easy way to
test the ground temp. b/4 putting the fish in the pond??

It is the water temperature you want to test.
Handy floating pond thermometers for sale at
many pet supermarkets that carry pond supplies.

You don't need a floater, if you tie a string on to it, just water
proof.

A non-mechanical refrigerator therm comes to mind.

K30a 25-03-2003 09:08 PM

ground temp.

John wrote You don't need a floater, if you tie a string on to it

chortle! I'll remember that when I find
the two sunken thermometers during
spring cleaning this year ;-)

k30a

Pinkpggy 24-04-2003 11:44 PM

ground temp.

Handy floating pond thermometers for sale at
many pet supermarkets that carry pond supplies.
:-)

We tied a fishing bobber on ours and it bobs up and down really nice, and its
easy to grab.