Old 26-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Chi Tran

Default Sharing pond pics ...

Hi folks,

Spring arrives a little early for So. Californians.... got some purple
iceplants blooming near the pond edges and stream. Thought I share it with
the group.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290465493

Note:
1. Free member registration is required to view photos on ImageStation.
2. While viewing the photos, you can click on the photo itself for a larger
image.

Please share your pond pictures too!

- Chi

Old 26-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Nice! What is your pond made off? EPDM Liner? Do you have rocks or so at
the bottom? How deep?

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

. ..

Old 26-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I answered all my own questions by visiting your pond pictures. All but one
question, how deep?

--
_______________________________________

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Nice! What is your pond made off? EPDM Liner? Do you have rocks or so

at
the bottom? How deep?

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."
Bernard Tschumi, "Architecture & Transgression"

. ..

Old 26-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Chi Tran

From water level to deepest part is about 3.5 feet.

I also made a little cave for the fish to sleep during the winter and hides
from predators or from the heat.

- Chi

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Nice! What is your pond made off? EPDM Liner? Do you have rocks or so

at
the bottom? How deep?

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."
Bernard Tschumi, "Architecture & Transgression"

. ..

Old 26-03-2003, 10:56 PM
~ jan

Beautiful, what are all the purple flowers? ~ jan

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:22:40 GMT, "Chi Tran" wrote:

From water level to deepest part is about 3.5 feet.

I also made a little cave for the fish to sleep during the winter and hides
from predators or from the heat.

- Chi

.. .

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Nice! What is your pond made off? EPDM Liner? Do you have rocks or so

at
the bottom? How deep?

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."
Bernard Tschumi, "Architecture & Transgression"

"Chi Tran" wrote in message
. ..
Hi folks,

Spring arrives a little early for So. Californians.... got some purple
iceplants blooming near the pond edges and stream. Thought I share it
with
the group.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290465493

Note:
1. Free member registration is required to view photos on

ImageStation.
2. While viewing the photos, you can click on the photo itself for a
larger
image.

Please share your pond pictures too!

- Chi

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 26-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Chi Tran

The purple flowers are ice-plants.
I've seen it in orange, red and purple.

"~ jan" wrote in message
s.com...
Beautiful, what are all the purple flowers? ~ jan

Old 27-03-2003, 05:08 PM
~ jan

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:31:45 GMT, "Chi Tran" wrote:

The purple flowers are ice-plants.
I've seen it in orange, red and purple.

They must like your area, all they do is die up here in zone 7a.
~ jan

Old 28-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Jan,

Evidently there are some ice plants varieties that
will go to zone 6 and one that will go to zone 5,
but personally the only time I have seen any ice
plants was when I was living in the Los Angeles
and San Diego area. I have never seen any outside
of California. I am Zone 7a also I have seen it
for sale around here off and on but I have never
seen any of it actually growing in any one's yard.

Tom L.L.

s.com...

Old 28-03-2003, 09:20 PM
John Rutz

Tom L. La Bron wrote:
Jan,

Evidently there are some ice plants varieties that
will go to zone 6 and one that will go to zone 5,
but personally the only time I have seen any ice
plants was when I was living in the Los Angeles
and San Diego area. I have never seen any outside
of California. I am Zone 7a also I have seen it
for sale around here off and on but I have never
seen any of it actually growing in any one's yard.

Tom L.L.
"~ jan" wrote in message

s.com...

I have some in my Z5 gardens it is starting to green up now that the
daytime temps are 40+ its real small compared to the Iceplant
growing near ft ord calif tho. I'll try to get some pics on the website
next week

John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

family hist At:
http://www.fuerjefe.us

Old 29-03-2003, 06:20 AM
~ jan

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:22:30 -0600, "Tom L. La Bron"
wrote:

Jan,

Evidently there are some ice plants varieties that
will go to zone 6 and one that will go to zone 5,
but personally the only time I have seen any ice
plants was when I was living in the Los Angeles
and San Diego area. I have never seen any outside
of California. I am Zone 7a also I have seen it
for sale around here off and on but I have never
seen any of it actually growing in any one's yard.

Tom L.L.

I've tried it a couple of times, looks great the year I buy it from the
nursery and even makes it thru the winter till suddenly it would kick the
bucket by spring. Course I haven't tried it since these mild winters so
maybe I should again, and we'll finally get snow. ;o) ~ jan

Sharing a pond vac humBill Ponds 8 20-03-2006 11:14 PM
Newbie Idiot Sharing the Wealth Benign Vanilla Ponds 23 21-06-2003 04:08 PM
Sharing our stream--- Gareee© Ponds 0 15-06-2003 03:32 AM
Sharing the Love (Not intended as SPAM) Benign Vanilla Ponds 1 21-05-2003 02:20 AM
Orchids in the Kitchen window - Thanks for sharing your pics profpam Orchids 2 25-02-2003 04:39 AM