GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pressurized Pond Filter anyone? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/118853-re-pressurized-pond-filter-anyone.html)

~ jan jjspond 11-02-2006 05:52 AM

Pressurized Pond Filter anyone?

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:36:48 -0800, lurker lurker wrote:

is there any reason for me not to go for a bigger model than the 500?
i only plan on using a 550 gph pump for now, but in the mean time
will a smaller pump running on a bigger bioforce pressurized pond
filter cause any harm?

Bump. I don't think it would. If this is a bead type filter, it may not
move the beads at optimum. Thus they may clump. ~ jan

--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Rodney Pont 11-02-2006 08:51 AM

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:52:35 -0800, ~ jan jjspond wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:36:48 -0800, lurker lurker wrote:

is there any reason for me not to go for a bigger model than the 500?
i only plan on using a 550 gph pump for now, but in the mean time
will a smaller pump running on a bigger bioforce pressurized pond
filter cause any harm?

Bump. I don't think it would. If this is a bead type filter, it may not
move the beads at optimum. Thus they may clump. ~ jan

When it's in filter mode the beads need to clump, otherwise how would
they filter anything :-)

It's only in backflush mode that the beads need to 'unclump' and move
around.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Derek 13-02-2006 03:03 PM

Rodney Pont wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:52:35 -0800, ~ jan jjspond wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:36:48 -0800, lurker lurker wrote:

is there any reason for me not to go for a bigger model than the 500?
i only plan on using a 550 gph pump for now, but in the mean time
will a smaller pump running on a bigger bioforce pressurized pond
filter cause any harm?

Bump. I don't think it would. If this is a bead type filter, it may not
move the beads at optimum. Thus they may clump. ~ jan

When it's in filter mode the beads need to clump, otherwise how would
they filter anything :-)

It's only in backflush mode that the beads need to 'unclump' and move
around.

Bead filters are not intended for mechanical filtration - they're
biological, which means you need the maximum surface area exposed to water,
and you don't want them clumping.
--
derek