Old 31-03-2003, 09:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Newbie here needs to ask a question

"russandcathy" wrote in message
I read how people use the plastic liners but also read how they install a
drain pipe . How do you install a drain pipe in a plastic liner? Thanks in
advance for your help.
Cathy

By drain pipe, do you mean bottom drain? If so there numerous ways to run a
piece of piep through a flexible liner. There are many store bought
products, as well DIY versions. Can you be a bit more specific? I am sure
with a few more details about your plan, there are many experienced porgs
here to help.

BV.

Old 31-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Russ and Cathy

We plan on building an above ground pond. 5ft by 8ft. We have boughten a
magnetic utility pump 1200 GPH and Tetra Pond Clearchoice PF3 Filter for
ponds up to 2600 gallons. The liner we bought is a tetra pond liner for 600
gallons. I really dont understand how if you poke plastic with a pipe, how
it doesnt rip or tear the plastic and how does it adhere to it without it
leaking? Of course meaning the bottom drain.
This is the 3rd pond we will have built or formed. The 1st being a preformed
molded plastic one which holds 80 gallons of water. The 2nd is one we added
into our house which holds 50 gallons of water and set into concrete. This
2nd one has a bottom drain already formed into it. We definetely love our
fish and pond plants. We winter both fish and pond plants in our home for
the winter because as you might know here in Western NY, we have some pretty
terrible winters.
Thank you for your response and help and hopefully from what i have told
you, you can add some more advise.
Cathy
"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 01-04-2003, 04:56 AM
RichToyBox

Question. Is your liner the Xavan or EPDM liner? If it is EPDM then look
at http://www.geocities.com/bickal2000/pond.htm for the pipe boot as a do it
yourself means of creating hole through the liner. He also has a DIY bottom
drain, and other good info. You can also buy bulkhead fittings which have
threaded flanges on both sides to clamp the liner, or you can make one with
two water closet flanges. I am not familiar with the properties of Xavan.
--
RichToyBox

Old 01-04-2003, 08:56 AM
jammer

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:23:35 GMT, "Russ and Cathy"
wrote:

Cathy

Do you have pictures of your ponds? Especially the indoor one?

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 01-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Russ and Cathy

Yes i do have pics of my ponds but i cant post them in here can i?
My indoor pond was a gift from my husband for my birthday this year. He took
the narrow side porch which had a concrete floor (50 inches by 13 ft.) and
put up walls and insulation etc and made it my mini greenhouse with pond. We
bought two 5 ft sliding doors for one wall and a large window for the short
wall so that is glass on two sides. Took out the wall and door and picture
window out of the living room wall ( that is the inside wall) and voila!! A
nice little room for me to work in. For the pond we bought a tank i guess
you would water farm animals in. Something along that line. Then he added
concrete around it with large rocks for decoration. He recessed a few small
clay pots into the concrete so that i could have some plants on the top. He
then added plumbing and electricity. Now the only draw back is..... i wish
it were a bigger room lol!
Cathy

Old 02-04-2003, 07:44 AM
jammer

Sounds really great....

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 12:49:42 GMT, "Russ and Cathy"
wrote:

[...]
.. .