Old 15-02-2003, 07:15 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

Default Spring Cleanup

I am prepared to clean the Pond soon. But was wondering if I need to empty the
whole pond and put fish in tubs or can I clean with them in there?? I will be
using a Shop Vac with a drain and my fish are larges enough not to get sucked
in; even though I would of course use caution !

I am sorry if this maybe a common sense question, but just want to make sure
that I do everything right.

Thanks,

Sacha
Old 15-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Mac Knight

You're better off to never empty the pond, Sacha. Try not to take it below
half-way. The fish should be able to stay away from the shop vac.

Mac Knight

http://www.macknight.addr.com

Old 16-02-2003, 02:51 AM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

I figured that! What's the sense of trying to establish that water in the pond
if one totally empty's it.

Thanks,

Sacha
Old 16-02-2003, 02:51 PM
IanQ

Lucky you, I am just dying to get back outside and start working on the pond
and garden. Haven't seen my fish since December as the ice finally built up
and went from clear to opaque(well, did see one fish, dead and floating in
my de-icer hole.)

However, here in Toronto, gotta wait till end of March before gardening
starts, and probably won't get to 'pond' until end of April, May time frame.

The wait is killing me, cabin fever has set in!

Paving cleanup due Mike United Kingdom 1 29-11-2004 11:18 AM
Winter Cleanup Questions Tim Tompkins Roses 3 18-11-2004 02:09 AM
Winter cleanup questions... ~Lori Gardening 5 23-10-2003 07:22 PM
snail cleanup crew Bugbear Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 07:12 AM
cleanup this christmas bdetta Australia 0 05-04-2003 07:34 AM