Old 07-04-2003, 03:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Determining Liner Size

I am about ready to put a liner in Shareholders Pond, and I a now
experiencing my first wave of panic. The contour of the pond varies with
some near vertical walls, a few shelves, some nice sloped areas, etc. What
is the easiest way to determine liner size needs? Will it really hurt my
wallet to go worst case scenario and take the widest and longest and deepest
area and assume those measurements across the whole pond?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

Old 07-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
I am about ready to put a liner in Shareholders Pond, and I a now
experiencing my first wave of panic. The contour of the pond varies with
some near vertical walls, a few shelves, some nice sloped areas, etc. What
is the easiest way to determine liner size needs? Will it really hurt my
wallet to go worst case scenario and take the widest and longest and deepest
area and assume those measurements across the whole pond?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

I think you'll have to go with the widest and longest and
deepest. If you try to have it cut exact, you'll have to
fit it exactly and that would be horrible. I had quite a
bit left over and it's amazing the uses I have found for
the bits and pieces.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 07-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Bob H

Prepare for wallet shock B.V. It has got to be too big in the little areas
to fit the big areas, just the way it appears to be :-( would be nice if we
could have someone come in, measure and sell us JUST what we need like
pennys does curtains but not gonna happen....you could use the excess for a
V.F., water falls or ??? I used my excess to lay under my gravel "beach".

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 07-04-2003, 08:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Bob H" wrote in message
Prepare for wallet shock B.V. It has got to be too big in the little areas
to fit the big areas, just the way it appears to be :-( would be nice if

we
could have someone come in, measure and sell us JUST what we need like
pennys does curtains but not gonna happen....you could use the excess for

V.F., water falls or ??? I used my excess to lay under my gravel "beach".

I am estimating my current pond volume to be 2500 or so gallons, and the VF
to be somewhere between 300-400. *gulp*

BV.

Old 08-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Springworks

I am estimating my current pond volume to be 2500 or so gallons, and the

VF
to be somewhere between 300-400. *gulp*

I came up with 3801 gal and 583 gal.....GT 4384 gal....
Liner sizing same ......Probably in the range of $480.00 or so if its 45
mil, EPDM...
Roofing liner will be somewhat cheaper because it doesn't say for ponds, but
there are different opinions on roofing liner vs pond liner.....The only
diff I don't like is some roofing liners have an oily surface to them and
"pond" liner has a talc type substance on it...They are for storage mainly
......Both I have used say Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. on them and are the
same except for the preservative applied for shelf life......Have fun
delving through the pros & cons coming......

Old 08-04-2003, 03:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"Springworks" wrote in message
snip
I came up with 3801 gal and 583 gal.....GT 4384 gal....
Liner sizing same ......Probably in the range of $480.00 or so if its 45
mil, EPDM...
Roofing liner will be somewhat cheaper because it doesn't say for ponds,

but
there are different opinions on roofing liner vs pond liner.....The only
diff I don't like is some roofing liners have an oily surface to them and
"pond" liner has a talc type substance on it...They are for storage mainly
.....Both I have used say Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. on them and are the
same except for the preservative applied for shelf life......Have fun
delving through the pros & cons coming......

Thanks. I had not yet redone the volume measurements. Sorry about the
confusion. I had come up with those volumes a few weeks ago, before the hole
was dug. This week I was concentrating on the surface area. I appreciate you
helping me by verifying.

BV.