Old 19-04-2006, 03:20 AM posted to rec.ponds
Peter Smith

Default Waterfall

I like to make a small waterfall. Are there any diagrams I can find?
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 19-04-2006, 03:45 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Peter Smith" wrote in message
I like to make a small waterfall. Are there any diagrams I can find?
Any help would be appreciated.

==============================
You can get many, many ideas by using Google or Yahoo and doing a search on
pond+waterfalls. Make sure you have the + between the 2 words. Stores like
Lowe's carry a lot of DIY books on ponds and water features that include
waterfalls. Your local library should also have books you can check out.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 19-04-2006, 06:13 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Peter Smith" wrote in message
I like to make a small waterfall. Are there any diagrams I can find?
Any help would be appreciated.

Think of a waterfall as a river with a steep drop. The first question to ask
is How high a waterfall are we talking about? Second how much waterflow?

At the simplest level, take 2 whiskey barrel halves and liners. Buy one
liner that has a spout/lip. Place one on a platform of some kind (cinder
blocks, bricks, etc) dump it into the lower level. Pipe brings it back up to
the higher level.

There are performed plastic waterfall boxes that you can place next to a
splash pool to create a small waterfall. Or just use a pond liner and some
concrete to form whatever waterfall shape you want. Just remember to put
some large rocks to the left and right of the waterfall to prevent the
splashes from soaking the ground.

Good luck.

Old 19-04-2006, 09:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Peter Smith

Thank's
Rite now I'm just using one of those plastic leader things that you put
under your down spout coming of your rain gutter. It looks like a skin
divers fin sort of. Do you know what I mean?
I put large rocks on top to hide it.
I cant wait to get paid so I can start to put some plants around the
pond. : )

Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? Runner Ponds 4 06-12-2003 03:02 AM
Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? Runner Ponds 0 03-12-2003 03:43 PM
Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? Runner Ponds 0 03-12-2003 03:32 PM
Waterfall Priscilla McCullough Ponds 0 05-04-2003 02:20 PM
waterfall&filter Priscilla McCullough Ponds 2 25-03-2003 10:20 PM