GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Duckweed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/142430-re-duckweed.html)

Derek Broughton 15-04-2006 12:21 AM

Duckweed

Galen Hekhuis wrote:

Some time ago I asked about duckweed,

Should I be worried or doing something? I'm quite content to have a bunch
of duckweed, I just wonder if I will eternally curse the day I let the
duckweed into my pond.

So how do folks feel about duckweed, should it stay or should it go?

I think most of us find that once we have fish, duckweed is something we
can't keep anyway. I've always had a little of it, but never any threat of
it overrunning my ponds, and never enough to keep the fish fed - anything
they see, they eat.
--
derek