GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Duckweed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/142454-re-duckweed.html)

Wilmdale 15-04-2006 01:07 PM

Duckweed

Duckweed. GREAT stuff! If you can keep it! I put it in my veggie
filter. Never had a problem with it and here in CO it only last through
the fall then comes 3-4 months of ice on the pond which kills the duck
weed. And yep, the fish seem to like it a lot. Tried to keep some in
the pond but not much success with that.
W. Dale

Galen Hekhuis wrote:

So how do folks feel about duckweed, should it stay or should it go?

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Illiterate? Write for FREE help

Koi-Lo 15-04-2006 03:30 PM

Duckweed

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
.. .
Duckweed. GREAT stuff! If you can keep it! I put it in my veggie
filter. Never had a problem with it and here in CO it only last through
the fall then comes 3-4 months of ice on the pond which kills the duck
weed. And yep, the fish seem to like it a lot. Tried to keep some in
the pond but not much success with that.

I've seen two kinds of duckweed. The smooth edged one comes back in the
spring. The frilly edged doesn't. I'm in zone 6 and it can get darn cold
here although it doesn't usually last more than a few days at a time.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.