Old 21-04-2006, 03:50 PM posted to rec.ponds
ant

Default info on a pond pump

Hi my pump has died on me i was wondering if

the clean water submersible pumps with float switch

are any good or shell i just go for a normal pond pump

thanks

Old 21-04-2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

A lot of the typical clean water submersibles are not rated for
continuous duty. They also usually have a much higher amperage draw.
By clean water submersible I assume your talking about the typical
sump type pumps intended for use other than typical ponds pumps are
used for.

Personally I would go and buy a decent pond rated pump with a good
energy rating. Since you did not state specs needed, its hard to say
what may work for you but I would check out the Pond Master (Danner)
line of pumps. IIRC I saw Danner brand pumps in the UK when I was
there approx 4 years ago.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....