Old 23-04-2006, 07:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bacon

Default Question - the two faces of rec.ponds

How did this group get flooded with all the bizarre filth. I decided
to stop by when I saw strange cross-posting and for the life of me
can't see how you co-exist with the freaks that have made your site
home. My Mom would love the pond talk but would faint if exposed to
the trolls. Fascinating place.
Old 23-04-2006, 08:50 PM posted to rec.ponds
J.D. Stone

"Bacon" wrote in message
How did this group get flooded with all the bizarre filth. I decided
to stop by when I saw strange cross-posting and for the life of me
can't see how you co-exist with the freaks that have made your site
home. My Mom would love the pond talk but would faint if exposed to
the trolls. Fascinating place.

Not so bad if you know how to filter the cross-posters. What always amazes
me is those who choose to respond to the cross-posters, cross post
themselves and have to repeat what those I've already killfiled said. If
they object to the filth, why do they insists on republicizing it. Dunno. So
I end up seeing it anyway. Sigh.
JD

Old 23-04-2006, 09:07 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

J.D. Stone wrote:
"Bacon" wrote in message

How did this group get flooded with all the bizarre filth. I decided
to stop by when I saw strange cross-posting and for the life of me
can't see how you co-exist with the freaks that have made your site
home. My Mom would love the pond talk but would faint if exposed to
the trolls. Fascinating place.

Not so bad if you know how to filter the cross-posters. What always amazes
me is those who choose to respond to the cross-posters, cross post
themselves and have to repeat what those I've already killfiled said. If
they object to the filth, why do they insists on republicizing it. Dunno. So
I end up seeing it anyway. Sigh.
JD

The only answer is to swamp the group with on-topic posts then you have
more to read and less to filter in comparison...JMO (a lurker for over
18 months)

Gill
Old 23-04-2006, 09:12 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bacon

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 14:50:09 -0500, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:

"Bacon" wrote in message
.. .
How did this group get flooded with all the bizarre filth. I decided
to stop by when I saw strange cross-posting and for the life of me
can't see how you co-exist with the freaks that have made your site
home. My Mom would love the pond talk but would faint if exposed to
the trolls. Fascinating place.

Not so bad if you know how to filter the cross-posters. What always amazes
me is those who choose to respond to the cross-posters, cross post
themselves and have to repeat what those I've already killfiled said. If
they object to the filth, why do they insists on republicizing it. Dunno. So
I end up seeing it anyway. Sigh.
JD

I use Forte Agent, which warns me when I am about to cross post. I
think a lot of people don't realize they're doing it, unfortunately.
Do you have theory for why they targeted rec.ponds in the first place?
Old 23-04-2006, 09:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Easy question to answer......a good portoin of forum participants
decided to let a bitch named Carol Gulley aka koi-lo take over and
drag her dirty laundry in and call this forum her home. Hey what else
would on expect for trailer trash.....guess this fourm was like the
taj mahal compared to a trailer...ha ha......Then a few sympathetic
****wads felt sorry for her and took up her plight......so things got
this way due to her and a few of her sympathetic ****wads like Derek
and some othe rimposters that think they have apond when all they have
is a hole in their head.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....

Old 23-04-2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Because Carol Gulley aka koi lo and whatever host of names she uses
drug her dirty laundry here..thats why.

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:12:55 -0500, Bacon wrote:
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 14:50:09 -0500, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:

om...

Old 23-04-2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bacon

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:07:16 +0100, Gill Passman
wrote:

J.D. Stone wrote:
"Bacon" wrote in message

[...]

My Mom's been a pond fanatic for years. She made my Dad have the
large patio area torn out and reassembled according to her vision with
a pond, waterfalls and such. I'd love to set up her kill-files and
direct her here, this type of group is her dream. But one bad post
gets through and she'd probably faint. I could also see her getting
herself into trouble by responding to the trolls with her opinions and
suggestions to clean up their language...could be funny.
Old 23-04-2006, 09:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
RedKingFire

Bacon wrote:
How did this group get flooded with all the bizarre filth. I decided
to stop by when I saw strange cross-posting and for the life of me
can't see how you co-exist with the freaks that have made your site
home. My Mom would love the pond talk but would faint if exposed to
the trolls. Fascinating place.

Easy,

One member here Carolyn Adamo Gully like to go around crapping in the
religious news groups, insulting them, lying about them etc.
They return expose her for the witch that she is.

next question.
Old 23-04-2006, 09:36 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:12:55 -0500, Bacon wrote:

I use Forte Agent, which warns me when I am about to cross post. I
think a lot of people don't realize they're doing it, unfortunately.
Do you have theory for why they targeted rec.ponds in the first place?

Imo, the regulars here are tired of explaining. One can look back at past
posts, if one is really interested.

Maybe we should add it to the FAQs?

If you're using Agent, Yea! You can easily kill off those that would rather
type filth than type about their ponds. ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 23-04-2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bacon

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:36:59 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:12:55 -0500, Bacon wrote:

I use Forte Agent, which warns me when I am about to cross post. I
think a lot of people don't realize they're doing it, unfortunately.
Do you have theory for why they targeted rec.ponds in the first place?

Imo, the regulars here are tired of explaining. One can look back at past
posts, if one is really interested.

Didn't think of that, guess I'm not the first curious person to be
intrigued by all this.
Old 23-04-2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Yea in other words your being told "politely" to do your own inquiry
and mind your own business and do not get involved.......least yet
another add to the noise ratio....so if your intrigued why not
ask.......its not like this question has been asked a hundred times
already because it has not........everyone is afraid CArol aka koi lo
will sic her sock puppets and remailers on them if they say anyhjting
against her.

Old 23-04-2006, 10:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Bacon" wrote in message

Didn't think of that, guess I'm not the first curious person to be
intrigued by all this.

===========================
As you come across rude posters, hecklers, those impersonating others, those
attacking and bad-mouthing others - killfile them! Eventually you wont see
any of the troll posts or disgusting filth cross-posted here. You can tell
your mom about this group but warn her ahead of time that there are trolls
here.

*Also be aware there are several people using my NYM on this NG.

Check out :http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/

--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.