GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tadpoles (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/143190-tadpoles.html)

Dan Lewis 29-04-2006 03:39 AM

tadpoles

I have a small (150 gallon) pond that has a serious tadpole problem.
Is there a way to control them?

Koi-Lo 29-04-2006 04:30 AM

tadpoles

"Dan Lewis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a small (150 gallon) pond that has a serious tadpole problem.
Is there a way to control them?

============================
*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

All you can do is net them out and relocate them to a nearby lake or pond.
Or you can start to net as many frogs and toads as you can, and relocate
them before they lay their eggs in the spring.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

~ janj 29-04-2006 05:28 AM

tadpoles

On 28 Apr 2006 19:39:31 -0700, "Dan Lewis" wrote:

I have a small (150 gallon) pond that has a serious tadpole problem.
Is there a way to control them?

Fill a separate bucket with pond water and net the taddies out. If they are
frog tadpoles, usually fish with eat them. If toad, they won't. They mature
pretty fast and will leave shortly if left alone. ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Hal 29-04-2006 02:45 PM

tadpoles

wrote:

I have a small (150 gallon) pond that has a serious tadpole problem.
Is there a way to control them?

Not really, but you can try. For the most part, I try to enjoy them,
but I don't try to save them when they get in my way. When I vacuum
out the sediment barrel I usually get a bunch in the vacuum and dump
them. I don't see the volume of toads or tadpoles going down because
of it.

Watching kids catch them is fun. Don't let them surprise their mom
though.

Regards,

Hal

[email protected] 30-04-2006 12:32 AM

tadpoles

In .com, on 04/28/06
at 07:39 PM, "Dan Lewis" said:

I have a small (150 gallon) pond that has a serious tadpole problem. Is
there a way to control them?

Send them to me. :)

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21