Old 30-04-2006, 12:41 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Pond Friendly Estates

When I was a kid I remember neighborhoods going in that were in the county,
with the idea it would be small farms, so people could have a few acres,
yet have the feel of a residential area. Some of these places became very
fancy and others very junky, but the whole idea being people were friendly
towards, and welcomed/tolerated a couple cows or horses, or chickens
crowing, etc.

I'm wondering if there needs to be a pond friendly neighborhood for people
who welcome the sound of water falls, frogs, fountains, and koi sucking the
rocks clean of kibble? ~ jan

-----------------
Old 30-04-2006, 01:13 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Naw, folks today prefer to hear hip hop music, rap bullshit and dogs
barking to natural sounds like cows, goats and birds and
frogs........hell they even prefer the screams and gunshots and the
squeal of tires and horns blowing to the sound of a rooster
crowing.........
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:41:15 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:
When I was a kid I remember neighborhoods going in that were in the county,
with the idea it would be small farms, so people could have a few acres,
yet have the feel of a residential area. Some of these places became very
fancy and others very junky, but the whole idea being people were friendly
towards, and welcomed/tolerated a couple cows or horses, or chickens
crowing, etc.

I'm wondering if there needs to be a pond friendly neighborhood for people
who welcome the sound of water falls, frogs, fountains, and koi sucking the
rocks clean of kibble? ~ jan

-----------------

Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1982.
Aquariums since 1956.
Some assholes Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
*Note: There are several *Koi-Lo's* on rec.ponds.
But, I am the one and only original Koi-Lo.
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o
Old 30-04-2006, 04:18 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"~ janj" wrote in message

I'm wondering if there needs to be a pond friendly neighborhood for people
who welcome the sound of water falls, frogs, fountains, and koi sucking
the
rocks clean of kibble? ~ jan

===========================
*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

I live in such an place. Ponds are very popular in my area but everyone has
an acre or more of land. We're not so close together that frogs and
waterfalls would annoy the next door neighbor. But then there are
light-sleepers who are annoyed by any kind of night time noise. When houses
are too close together what constitutes one person's pleasant sounds are
another person's irritation.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.