GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   evaporation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/143377-evaporation.html)

pete 02-05-2006 11:52 AM

evaporation

I have a 250 gallon water garden. I am wondering how much water I
lose through evaporation on a typical sunny day. Does anyone know what the
percentage might be? Thanks.

Koi-Lo 02-05-2006 04:00 PM

evaporation

*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

"pete" wrote in message
I have a 250 gallon water garden. I am wondering how much water I
lose through evaporation on a typical sunny day. Does anyone know what
the percentage might be? Thanks.

It depends on the weather Pete. In dry breezy weather more will evaporate
than in cooler damper weather. Pumps and aerators also influence the rate
of evaporation. There's no way to say how much would be normal for *your*
pond.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.