Old 14-05-2006, 06:03 AM posted to rec.ponds
Joan

Default Sick fish: advice?

We noticed today that one of our goldfish in our outdoor pond is
looking lethargic and not schooling with the other fish.

Her abdomen looks enlarged but there is no "pineconing" of the fins.
She is hanging in the water with her head pointed partly downward, and
swimming weakly. There is a red round spot about 1/4 inch in diameter
where I think her anal port ought to be--underneath her tail fin and
sort of in front of the small fin below her tail fin. I've sees what
I think is stringy looking poop coming out from there and also a
little thin white stuff.

She's not interested in eating and hangs around in clumps of string
algae. Her gills look red, and I don't see anything that looks
abnormal on the rest of her body.

The other fish look fine, and I tested the water. The pH is slightly
over 8.0 and the carbonate hardness is good, negative for ammonia,
nitrite, and nitrate.

We isolated her in a 30 gallon tank with an air pump and are gradually
bringing up the salinity to around 0.2 ppm for tonight, then perhaps
to 0.3 ppm tomorrow.

Could she be egg bound? Is this dropsy? Columnaris? Something else?
Shall I gradually bring up the temp of her water? (It's been in the
low 60's).

It's Saturday night and I won't be able to get in touch with a vet
till Monday, and even then I'm not sure he's going to know any more
than you guys know--maybe less.

Any first aid advice you all can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Joan

P.S. I can email pix by private email if you think it would help you
figure out how to help me help her.

Old 14-05-2006, 07:11 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

"Joan" wrote in message
[...]

=======================
I'm no fish Dr but this sounds like ulcer-disease with a more generalized
internal (stringy poop) bacterial infection. I may be wrong. Check out
www.koivet.com or http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/koi/koitreatments.htm

You can probably find the answers you're looking for at one or the other of
these places.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 14-05-2006, 07:11 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

send me pix. jjspond06 at jjspond.us ~ jan

-----------------
Old 14-05-2006, 01:31 PM posted to rec.ponds

call Jo Ann Burke 251-649-4790. Ingrid

Joan wrote:

[...]

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan
Old 14-05-2006, 02:04 PM posted to rec.ponds
HammerShark

"Joan" wrote in message
[...]

Your not. and there is no such thing.

but this sounds like ulcer-disease with a more
generalized internal (stringy poop) bacterial infection. I may be
wrong.

you are... And you think you can post here after all the lies and dmaged
you have done?

Check out www.koivet.com or
http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/koi/koitreatments.htm

You can probably find the answers you're looking for at one or the other
of these places.

Yeah because this NG has gone to hell that to Carol.

Old 14-05-2006, 03:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Keep the damned pics, and chuck that carp on the compost pile. Too
cheap to fool with, just go buy another one.........and next tiime
knock before you come in this forum. Someone like Carol could have
been nekid and performing one of her sex acts for the others.

[...]

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....but I am entitled to "MY" opinion...
Old 14-05-2006, 05:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
Joan

Thank you. She won't mind?

Here is the url where I've posted pictures, in case anybody on the
newsgroup might be able to tell what's wrong and what to do from the
pix.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...b&x=0&y=2fxtv0

Again, thanks.

Joan

Joan wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Old 14-05-2006, 05:04 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Ahhhhhhh, cool yet more email addresses.........Wonderfull thing you
created there Gill and Mister wanna be Gardener...

Now joan take those pics and shove em, no one here is interested in
those pics, were not into fish here any more. Its all about CArol, and
just CArol Gulley, no fish no pond crap. Got that!

Joan wrote:

[...]

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com