Old 17-05-2006, 07:15 AM posted to rec.ponds
Baz

Default Jubliee Clips - your views.....

Hi guys

I'm using 1.5" hose to carry water from my pond pump to my filter. Try as I
might, I cannot get the input joint watertight. It's leaking at the joint
between the hose and the filter nozzle, where the jubilee clips secures the
hose to the tapered balck plastic nozzle (which then screws into the filter
housing).

The hose I am using has a thick spiral ribbing reinforcement (on the
exterior surface only), which may be causing the jubliee clip to now seat
firmly. I tried a variety of clips from the solid strap type, to the 2 x
wire band type. Neither gives a watertight union. Even at the point of
over-tightening, there are still drips. Any ideas? Has anyone used some
kind of sealant when pushing the hose onto the plastic filter nozzle?

Thanks
Baz

Old 17-05-2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

I'm using 1.5" hose to carry water from my pond pump to my filter. Try as I
might, I cannot get the input joint watertight. It's leaking at the joint
between the hose and the filter nozzle, where the jubilee clips secures the
hose to the tapered balck plastic nozzle (which then screws into the filter
housing).

The hose I am using has a thick spiral ribbing reinforcement (on the
exterior surface only), which may be causing the jubliee clip to now seat
firmly. I tried a variety of clips from the solid strap type, to the 2 x
wire band type. Neither gives a watertight union. Even at the point of
over-tightening, there are still drips. Any ideas? Has anyone used some
kind of sealant when pushing the hose onto the plastic filter nozzle?
Baz

100% silicon (the clear stuff). Though I use the braided type hoses on my
pumps, they seem to slip on.... though we do have to make them stretchy
first with the hair dryer, than slip them on. As they cool they get nice
and snug. ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 18-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland

I'm using 1.5" hose to carry water from my pond pump to my filter. Try as I
might, I cannot get the input joint watertight.
Could it be the hose is metric 40mm and not 1.5", 40mm =1.57", its a not uncommon problem in the UK but I dont know if it has reached the US yet