GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My male Bullfrog calls his female over "She did not make it" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/144332-my-male-bullfrog-calls-his-female-over-she-did-not-make.html)

[email protected] 19-05-2006 12:43 PM

My male Bullfrog calls his female over "She did not make it"

This am I found a huge female bullfrog that got ran over only inches
from my yard, she almost made it, I am so sad!. My male had been
calling all nigt, she was coming........almost their......a tear rolls
from my eye.......as I pick her up with a shovel......How can you not
see that size of a frog? She was huge!!! I live in a well to do
community and you can only drive 20 mph!!! Everbody obeys that law....I
guess I will have to put a frog crossing sign up !!!!

I have a breeding pair already that has been with me for a few years
now, they were just asking for some new friends to hang out at such a
cool place if your a bullfrog that is....

Koi-Lo 19-05-2006 03:05 PM

My male Bullfrog calls his female over "She did not make it"

*Note: There are several *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.*

wrote in message
oups.com...
This am I found a huge female bullfrog that got ran over only inches
from my yard, she almost made it, I am so sad!. My male had been
calling all nigt, she was coming........almost their......a tear rolls
from my eye.......as I pick her up with a shovel......How can you not
see that size of a frog? She was huge!!! I live in a well to do
community and you can only drive 20 mph!!! Everbody obeys that law....I
guess I will have to put a frog crossing sign up !!!!

I have a breeding pair already that has been with me for a few years
now, they were just asking for some new friends to hang out at such a
cool place if your a bullfrog that is....

===============================
This is so sad. People can be so cruel. Maybe they were yakking on their
cell-phone and never saw her.

Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Disclaimer:
I do not post from Google, Earthlink, Newsguy or Verizon.
Rude or obscene messages are not mine .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{@ ~~~~~~~{@ ~~~~~{@

~ janj 19-05-2006 03:24 PM

wrote in message
This am I found a huge female bullfrog that got ran over only inches
from my yard, she almost made it, I am so sad!. My male had been
calling all nigt, she was coming........almost their......a tear rolls
from my eye.......as I pick her up with a shovel......How can you not
see that size of a frog? She was huge!!! I live in a well to do
community and you can only drive 20 mph!!! Everbody obeys that law....I
guess I will have to put a frog crossing sign up !!!!

I have a breeding pair already that has been with me for a few years
now, they were just asking for some new friends to hang out at such a
cool place if your a bullfrog that is....

My guess it was dark?? Sorry about your loss. I wish I could ship you the
ones that come to my ponds. I usually get 1/summer lately. I haul them off
to the Demo.Pond as they eat my little tree frogs that are native to the
area. ~ jan