Old 24-05-2006, 02:36 PM posted to rec.ponds
CanadianCowboyİ

Default We have MOVED our Fish discussions OUT of here to a new group.

Derek Broughton wrote:
CanadianCowboyİ wrote:

Way to go !
Usenet will die a slow death due to the jerks that will
rudely respond to this post.

I guess the internet was designed for sane responsible people.

Not at all. Usenet was designed (if such a word can even be used) by
anarchists for anarchists. I'd rather submit to the chaos of Usenet than
ever bother with a moderated web forum. I simply hope that once all the
people who really _expect_ Usenet to be a sane, responsible, place leave
for the Forums, the trolls will go with them. It's as easy to hack a
website as it is to troll on a newsgroup.

Yes you can get in but eventually you are going to run out of e-mails
and IP addresses as they block these out.
This is something usenet can't do.
Old 24-05-2006, 03:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

CanadianCowboyİ wrote:

Derek Broughton wrote:
CanadianCowboyİ wrote:

Way to go !
Usenet will die a slow death due to the jerks that will
rudely respond to this post.

I guess the internet was designed for sane responsible people.

Not at all. Usenet was designed (if such a word can even be used) by
anarchists for anarchists. I'd rather submit to the chaos of Usenet than
ever bother with a moderated web forum. I simply hope that once all the
people who really _expect_ Usenet to be a sane, responsible, place leave
for the Forums, the trolls will go with them. It's as easy to hack a
website as it is to troll on a newsgroup.

Yes you can get in but eventually you are going to run out of e-mails
and IP addresses as they block these out.
This is something usenet can't do.

yeah, it can, but it isn't generally considered desirable. My ISP blocks a
large amount of traffic (pretty much everything that looks like spam, not
much in the way of trolls). I block almost all the trolling on my local
NNTP server. Or a moderated newsgroup could have been set up, but again
it's not something that Usenetters are fond of. I don't want the job, I
don't trust most of the people who _do_ want the job, if you just have one
moderator, posts will propagate too slowly, and if you have more than one,
they'll squabble over what's acceptable.
--
derek
Old 24-05-2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Oh Derek, yu do ahave a ounce of intelligence in that thick head of
yurs, don;t you. I have a feeling yur not too bad of a fella afterall
, too bad we came out on opposite ends of the spectrum........

On Wed, 24 May 2006 11:32:47 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote: