Old 25-05-2006, 05:37 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bonita

Default I have pale yellow/clear looking fry

I have goldfish and Koi in my pond. My gold fish I have 4 all under 6"
and at the time 1 15"koi.

The goldfish spawned for sure..hundereds of black fry.
Now I got 2 more koi one was full of eggs when I got her. The next
night my 3 koi went chaseing mad around my pond messing up all plants!!

Lasted till 7 am. A week later I had a whole new batch of fry these
were clear looking to a very pale yellow orange, all you could see was
their deep black eyes. Now those same babaies are about the size of a
mans thumb nail some are still smaller than that. After 2 weeks of
finding them. Now those same babaies are getting black spots patterns
on them. I have tried to look at them in a glass jar the see if they
had barbels. I thought I saw them but they move so fast I can not tell.

Out of them they all started the same size but some are very slow in
growing but also getting black spots on them. Could these be koi
babies?
They others GF Fry are growing much faster than these are.

Old 25-05-2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Bonita" wrote in message
ps.com...

Out of them they all started the same size but some are very slow in
growing but also getting black spots on them. Could these be koi
babies?
They others GF Fry are growing much faster than these are.

==============================
This has been my experience with GF and koi. Sarassa and other metallic GF
are born dark brown or greenish brown and change color as they grow and age,
turning some shade of red and white. Shubunkins are born light colored and
the spots and markings show as they grow over the spring and summer. Koi,
hatching out a light color, resemble Shubunkin GF fry and show colors within
a few weeks. Sometimes spots don't show up for awhile. Shubunkin and koi
fry are hard to tell apart with the naked eye when newly hatched.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 25-05-2006, 06:19 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

You do not have a clue Carol so why ramble on.. Let someone in the
know answer Bonitas question kike Jan or r Dr. Solo......all your
doing ids speculating, but I know yu have a penchant to post siince
yur friends are all bots or sock puppets of of the cyber
variety...none in the living flesh and blood types would associate
with you in real life.

On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:57:30 -0500, "Koi-Lo the bimbo know it all from
Mt., Juliet, TN" who is afraid of moderated forums as her spotlight
will be extinguished, opinons has been snipped. No need to try and let
them propagate now is there.

"Bonita" wrote in message
groups.com...

Out of them they all started the same size but some are very slow in
growing but also getting black spots on them. Could these be koi
babies?
They others GF Fry are growing much faster than these are.
snip a bunch of Koi Los bull and assumptions