GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Foaming water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/145846-foaming-water.html)

chris burton 02-06-2006 09:46 PM

Foaming water

I have recently installed a Boase Aquamax 6000 pump in my small garden pond. Unfortunatly I think the pump is too big as my pond surface is covered in foam. I am unable to see my fish or anything else through this foam. Is this foam oxegenated water and is it caused by too much flow down my waterfall? I am not able to restrict the pump flow by inserting a valve in the hose line as this will cause the pump to cut out. Is there anything else I can do other than replace the pump for a smaller one.
Please help.
Chris Burton.

~ janj 03-06-2006 05:35 AM

Foaming water

I have recently installed a Boase Aquamax 6000 pump in my small garden
pond. Unfortunatly I think the pump is too big as my pond surface is
covered in foam. I am unable to see my fish or anything else through
this foam. Is this foam oxegenated water and is it caused by too much
flow down my waterfall? I am not able to restrict the pump flow by
inserting a valve in the hose line as this will cause the pump to cut
out. Is there anything else I can do other than replace the pump for a
smaller one.
Please help.
Chris Burton.

Any possibility the fish have spawned? A fishy smell about the pond?

If not, very likely the increase water flow (a good thing) has disturbed a
lot of organics, which cause foam. A water change (25%) and skimming off
the foam will help. Cleaning the water fall & bottom of debris will also
help. ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Koi-Lo 03-06-2006 08:56 PM

Foaming water

"chris burton" wrote in message

I have recently installed a Boase Aquamax 6000 pump in my small garden
pond.

Just how *small* is the pond?

Unfortunatly I think the pump is too big as my pond surface is
covered in foam.

Disturbed organics? Products of pawning?

--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Koi-Lo 03-06-2006 09:13 PM

Foaming water

So has this quesiorn been addressed Carol, you have been swimmng in
these folks pond again, thats all.

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 14:56:00 -0500, "Koi-Lo" None wrote:

. ..

kevin turpin 05-06-2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris burton
I have recently installed a Boase Aquamax 6000 pump in my small garden pond. Unfortunatly I think the pump is too big as my pond surface is covered in foam. I am unable to see my fish or anything else through this foam. Is this foam oxegenated water and is it caused by too much flow down my waterfall? I am not able to restrict the pump flow by inserting a valve in the hose line as this will cause the pump to cut out. Is there anything else I can do other than replace the pump for a smaller one.
Please help.
Chris Burton.

HI CHRIS I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH WAS DOWN TO TOO MUCH POTASSIUM IN THE WATER, IF YOU GET YOUR WATER TESTED BY A LOCAL AQUATIC CENTRE SPECIFICALLY ASKING FOR THIS TEST THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT IS REQUIRED IN THE FILTRATION SYSTEM. MINE WAS A PRODUCT THAT REDUCES THE POTASSIUM AND OTHER ITEMS ALSO HELPING REDUCE ALGAE.
KEVIN

Koi-Lo 05-06-2006 10:22 PM

Foaming water

Turn off the ****ing cap locks key you asshole...........no one in
here that counts anyhow is deaf....or are yu just a freaking moron?