Old 08-06-2006, 06:35 PM posted to rec.ponds
Terry

Default underwater lighting

Have a small pond 8'x4'x15''. Have a few fish and some plants and a
waterfall. I would like to add some underwater lighting. Any suggestions
appreciated. Terry

Old 08-06-2006, 06:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Go Fig

In article , Terry
wrote:

Have a small pond 8'x4'x15''. Have a few fish and some plants and a
waterfall. I would like to add some underwater lighting. Any suggestions
appreciated. Terry

Pondmaster UW light, with its 18' cord and good construction is what I
would suggest for an 'over the side' light.

jay
Thu Jun 08, 2006

Old 08-06-2006, 06:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

You can get perfectly good suitable under water lights from Harbor
Freight, that are well made for a fraction of what other well known
companies charge for a like item. They come with assorted colored
lens, and about 18 feet of underwater wire, and a transformer. If you
want to attach a few under water lights up yu can cut off the plug
ends and but a suitable wattage rated xformer from any big box store
that has ouside low voltage lights of 12 volts and attach all the
wires formn the multiple lights to the replacement transformer... The
lights use standard halogen type bulbs which are commonly available.
The lights you pay $45 or more each for is not any better made nor do
anything any better than the $7.95 lights from Harbor Freight. I
have 10 of the HF lights in my pond for over 3 years and not one of
them has even leaked....And y can increase the wattage of the bulbs 9n
these lights just fine without anya problems as the wire is usfficient
to carry the load and the water keeps the heat down, but I would
suggest 10 watts or 20 watts max so they do not add a lot of heat to a
pond..

Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Go Fig

In article , Roy
wrote:

You can get perfectly good suitable under water lights from Harbor
Freight, that are well made for a fraction of what other well known
companies charge for a like item. They come with assorted colored
lens, and about 18 feet of underwater wire, and a transformer.

A light and transformer for $7.95 ?

jay
Thu Jun 08, 2006

Old 08-06-2006, 07:43 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Thats what I paid when I bought the last couple last year for my wifes
half barrels water featuyre. I have seen em on sale for a buck or two
less as well.......may be hard to belive but they are a decent quality
item, made out of the same typical molded fiberglass reinforced resin
as other brands are made of. Can't speak for the transformers, as I
use a large transformer to opiwer lots of low voltage lights, but no
reason it would not be a decent xformer thats included....

I just looked on Harbor Freights website and could not find them, but
I now they have em a I seen em at the store about 2 weeks ago, so if
your nterested just call em and inquire and get them to give you a
product ID number so you can look em up on their website.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:42 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

"Roy" Hauer aka Koi-Lo wrote in message

Well flattery will not get you anywhere with me boy you still are a
dickhead. See you should have spent more time studying instead of
playing with yourself. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a
Dick with ears? Well if not, you do!

Well I am of the belief that your still a ****ing asshole.

Old 25-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered User

I just looked at sites on port cargo and can not find them, but I now have an EM of EM I've ever seen in the store about 2 weeks ago, so just call if you interested EM and inquiry and let them give you a Product ID number so you can look at their website EM.
Pond Kits
Old 06-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered User

You can fully competent in the light-water cargo port, which has been what kind of other companies similar charges known parts. They come with color matched lenses, and about 18 submarine cables and a transformer in the foot. The use of halogen lamps is a common standard.
light grow