GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Little gel like spheres on water plant. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/14637-little-gel-like-spheres-water-plant.html)

Cdonahey41 12-04-2003 04:32 AM

Little gel like spheres on water plant.

These were translucent and maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long. There were maybe
four or five on this plant, that I picked up from the pond. What would that
be?

K30a 12-04-2003 04:44 AM

Little gel like spheres on water plant.

Bouncing baby snails to be. ;-)

k30a

Snooze 12-04-2003 04:56 AM

Little gel like spheres on water plant.

Could be snail eggs, or frog eggs.
Although frog eggs tend to be more in a mass, at least the ones I've seen,
rather then a chain or string. If you can see it, it's probably not mosquito
eggs, which are fairly difficult to see.

Sameer

Jerrispond 12-04-2003 01:32 PM

Little gel like spheres on water plant.

Could be snail eggs, or frog eggs.
Although frog eggs tend to be more in a mass, at least the ones I've seen,
rather then a chain or string. If you can see it, it's probably not mosquito
eggs, which are fairly difficult to see.

k30 is right ( as usual :o) ) they are snail eggs. Frog eggs are laid in a
large mass, and toad eggs are in a string. Jerri