GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Good day today (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/14736-good-day-today.html)

J.D. Stone 13-04-2003 03:32 AM

Good day today

Decided to clean the filter, today. Wasn't looking forward to it...lots of
string algae in the filter and what just looked like muck. I thought it was
going to be a grungy job (I have a modified Skippy filter on this pond,
upflow through filter media, cut up and pressed between two light grates,
covered with 2 inches of gravel, runs year 'round). 'Lo and behold, opened
the drain and backflushed with the hose, everything clear again with little
actual trash to pull out. I was so happy. BTW, I noticed with this pond, (as
Jan mentioned something similar earlier about hers), that although the
filter grew string algae, the pond has remained clear. Couldn't ask for
more, I guess. Great weather in TX this weekend!
JD
http://www.nrgy.com/pond.htm

jammer 14-04-2003 06:32 AM

Good day today

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:43:47 -0500, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:

Decided to clean the filter, today. Wasn't looking forward to it...lots of
string algae in the filter and what just looked like muck. I thought it was
going to be a grungy job (I have a modified Skippy filter on this pond,
upflow through filter media, cut up and pressed between two light grates,
covered with 2 inches of gravel, runs year 'round). 'Lo and behold, opened
the drain and backflushed with the hose, everything clear again with little
actual trash to pull out. I was so happy. BTW, I noticed with this pond, (as
Jan mentioned something similar earlier about hers), that although the
filter grew string algae, the pond has remained clear. Couldn't ask for
more, I guess. Great weather in TX this weekend!
JD
http://www.nrgy.com/pond.htm

I can't figure out how to feed fish in one of those bubbles. I had
never seen those before. I doubt my fish would go near it.

Yep, great weather this weekend. I spent it at Lake Bardwell.

J.D. Stone 14-04-2003 01:33 PM

Good day today

"jammer" wrote in message

I can't figure out how to feed fish in one of those bubbles. I had
never seen those before. I doubt my fish would go near it.

Yep, great weather this weekend. I spent it at Lake Bardwell.

Actually, I've never had any trouble feeding the fish. I just reach a
handful of food under it. The food floats to the top and the fish follow it
up. They fill the whole bubble in a short period of time.
JD
http://www.nrgy.com/pond.htm

jammer 14-04-2003 06:56 PM

Good day today

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 06:58:05 -0500, "J.D. Stone"
wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .

I can't figure out how to feed fish in one of those bubbles. I had
never seen those before. I doubt my fish would go near it.

Yep, great weather this weekend. I spent it at Lake Bardwell.

Actually, I've never had any trouble feeding the fish. I just reach a
handful of food under it. The food floats to the top and the fish follow it
up. They fill the whole bubble in a short period of time.
JD
http://www.nrgy.com/pond.htm

Oh, i see....

My fish would rather eat algea than come to me for food.