GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant Caterpillars (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/147381-plant-caterpillars.html)

locknalarm 05-07-2006 02:45 AM

Plant Caterpillars

My plant have become invested with little white Caterpillars, the plant
arrowhead and lilly pads pot sit on the bottom of the pond I have bever
had this problem before. I have had the pond for 7 years.

~ janj 05-07-2006 07:34 AM

Plant Caterpillars

On 4 Jul 2006 18:45:49 -0700, "locknalarm" wrote:

My plant have become invested with little white Caterpillars, the plant
arrowhead and lilly pads pot sit on the bottom of the pond I have bever
had this problem before. I have had the pond for 7 years.

The were eggs laid by a moth after the plant started growing this year (if
they are hairy white caterpillars)? Or are they hairless? ~ jan

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

~ janj 06-07-2006 12:57 AM

Plant Caterpillars

Hairy White

Just pick them off and toss them, squish them, which ever you prefer.
Plants should revive. ~ jan