Old 13-04-2003, 03:44 PM
keith nuttle

Default Inherited pond

We are in the process of buying an older home with a pond system. There
are three basin with a total of about a 130 square feet of surface area.
They appear to be about 18 to 24 inches deep.

While I know they will probably take some work to make them perfect,
Would there be any problem of putting a couple dozen feeder gold fish
and some plants from Walmart in the ponds as we move into our part of
the house and do the moving in things (probably most of the summer.)

Central Indiana area

Old 13-04-2003, 06:08 PM
John Hines

keith nuttle wrote:

While I know they will probably take some work to make them perfect,
Would there be any problem of putting a couple dozen feeder gold fish
and some plants from Walmart in the ponds as we move into our part of
the house and do the moving in things (probably most of the summer.)

No problem, although don't go nuts with the feeders, as they will grow
big, you don't want to overload the pond with fish.
Old 13-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Snooze

"John Hines" wrote in message
keith nuttle wrote:

While I know they will probably take some work to make them perfect,
Would there be any problem of putting a couple dozen feeder gold fish
and some plants from Walmart in the ponds as we move into our part of
the house and do the moving in things (probably most of the summer.)

No problem, although don't go nuts with the feeders, as they will grow
big, you don't want to overload the pond with fish.

Most feeder grade goldfishes come diseased or stressed from being stored in
a tank with a few hundred of their siblings. So use caution if there are
existing fish in this pond.

Sameer

Old 22-04-2003, 06:20 PM
~ jan

While I know they will probably take some work to make them perfect,
Would there be any problem of putting a couple dozen feeder gold fish
and some plants from Walmart in the ponds as we move into our part of
the house and do the moving in things (probably most of the summer.)

IMO, why don't you see what frogs and taddies end up in the pond? If you
really would like to do fish, how about fantail goldfish, just a couple?
They are slow, easy to catch and wouldn't affect the local critters as
much. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~