Old 18-07-2006, 04:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Default Water at 84F in ponds

Even with shade from the lilies and other plants on the south side of the
ponds the water is now 84F to 86F. One older koi developed "dropsy" and
died, but probably not from the heat. Last summer the water went into the
90s. The filters need weekly cleanings even with the use of the expensive
koi food.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 18-07-2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Köi-Lö wrote:
Even with shade from the lilies and other plants on the south side of
the ponds the water is now 84F to 86F. One older koi developed
"dropsy" and died, but probably not from the heat. Last summer the
water went into the 90s. The filters need weekly cleanings even with
the use of the expensive koi food.

21.15 here in London UK, water temp is 76 deg. Fish seem quite happy, in
fact, very playfull.
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 19-07-2006, 01:52 AM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Köi-Lö wrote:
Even with shade from the lilies and other plants on the south side of
the ponds the water is now 84F to 86F. One older koi developed
"dropsy" and died, but probably not from the heat. Last summer the
water went into the 90s. The filters need weekly cleanings even with
the use of the expensive koi food.

21.15 here in London UK, water temp is 76 deg. Fish seem quite happy, in
fact, very playfull.
--
ßôyþëtë

======================
A temp of 76 F is ideal. :-) The air reached 99 F here today and the water
temp hit near 90F in some of the 680g tanks so we covered half of the sunny
areas with old white curtains. I guess I'll dig out the extra water pumps
for more water movement and aeration tomorrow.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 19-07-2006, 07:21 AM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Default Köi-Lö, Old Man Lciks Blond Babe & Gets Sucked

=?iso-8859-1?B?S/ZpLUz2?=$##$$@$##$$.#$$wrote:

Torpid trollop with huge cockpit and creaky dunes hungers for
languishing tube of meat for salacious bayonet drill. Mail me at