GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Old RPers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/148081-old-rpers.html)

~ janj[_1_] 25-07-2006 10:47 PM

Old RPers

Anyone else still checking in?

Carol, please do not reply. RP just gets swamped with Off-Topic stuff when
you do. Thanks.

~ jan.
-----------------

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

Derek Broughton 26-07-2006 01:05 AM

Old RPers

G Pearce wrote:

Yup - off and on
Gale :~)
"~ janj" wrote in message
Anyone else still checking in?

I read every on-topic post - unless my filters are now overly aggressive. I
very rarely see the trolls.
--
derek

Snooze[_1_] 26-07-2006 04:27 PM

Old RPers

"~ janj" wrote in message
Anyone else still checking in?

Still here. Obviously this group at this point is pretty much barren.

BoyPete 26-07-2006 05:34 PM

Old RPers

I read :)
--
ßôyþëtë

[email protected] 26-07-2006 06:37 PM

Old RPers

~ janj wrote:
Anyone else still checking in?

Who are you calling old?

OK, I used to hang out in this group some years ago, and
just recently (past few days) decided to check back in
for the first time in a long while. If the S/N doesn't
improve I'll check back out.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

DavidM[_1_] 26-07-2006 06:38 PM

Old RPers

~ janj wrote, On 25/07/2006 22:47:
Anyone else still checking in?

Carol, please do not reply. RP just gets swamped with Off-Topic stuff when
you do. Thanks.

~ jan.
-----------------

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

I've been reading since 2001, and occasionally posting. Only check it
every week now, hoping that the trolls have gone away.

The group was fantastic a few years ago, there was a healthy mix or US
and European posts. I adopted 9 fish from a guy who posted on RC.
Amongst all the international ponding debate he and I were only 40 miles
apart in the UK.

You have to admire the perseverance of these trolls. It must take a
considerable amount of effort to keep up the insults and witty back
chat. Imagine if that energy was put to good use.

David

Mike Swanson 26-07-2006 06:50 PM

Old RPers

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:47:34 -0700, ~ janj wrote:

Anyone else still checking in?

Yup still here. With the filters I have in place in HamsterPG I very seldom
see any of the garbage.

--
Mike
Do not be deceived; "Bad company corrupts good morals." 1 Cor. 15:33

Gail Futoran[_1_] 26-07-2006 07:12 PM

Old RPers

"~ janj" wrote in message
Anyone else still checking in?

Yeppers.

My three ponds (2 are stock tanks) are doing fine.

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA

Köi-Lö[_1_] 26-07-2006 08:27 PM

Old RPers

"~ janj" wrote in message

Carol, please do not reply. RP just gets swamped with Off-Topic stuff when
you do. Thanks.

====================
It's lines like the one above that attract the TROLLS Jan. He reads every
message here just waiting for something he can jump on and cross-post to
other NGs. Use a little discretion ...... Thanks
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

BB 27-07-2006 04:37 AM

Old RPers

Still readin' here.... Don't have a lot of questions, though. :)

--BB

~ janj wrote in
:

Anyone else still checking in?

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *

Snooze[_1_] 27-07-2006 08:00 AM

Old RPers

"Köi-Lö" $##$$@$##$$.#$$ wrote in message

"~ janj" wrote in message

Carol, please do not reply. RP just gets swamped with Off-Topic stuff
when
you do. Thanks.

====================
It's lines like the one above that attract the TROLLS Jan. He reads every
message here just waiting for something he can jump on and cross-post to
other NGs. Use a little discretion ...... Thanks

So then using this logic, please explain why they didn't bother responding
until you posted.

[email protected] 27-07-2006 05:50 PM

Old RPers

Don't get your hopes up that this group is salvageable..its just in a
dormant stage all due to Carol. It can easily go to an extinct stage or
a flooded stage with a few strokes on the keyboard.

Carol needs to stay gone and all will be well.