GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lily q;uestion (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/148094-lily-q%3Buestion.html)

Hal[_1_] 26-07-2006 01:46 PM

lily q;uestion

Still here!

I had a white water lily show up among my red lilies this year. At
the beginning of this season I thought I had two reds, two pinks and
one yellow. Where did the white come from?

The reds came out of a 6" end of a 30 gal barrel that had been growing
for 2 years and was full of roots. I didn't count, just broke them
up and gave them away thinking they were red and one friend told me
she was so proud of her white lily. I am a bit confused about where
the white lilies came from and I'm pretty certain hers came from my
red lily pot, since I have one too.

Regards,

Hal

Köi-Lö[_1_] 26-07-2006 05:09 PM

lily q;uestion

"Hal" wrote in message
Still here!

I had a white water lily show up among my red lilies this year. At
the beginning of this season I thought I had two reds, two pinks and
one yellow. Where did the white come from?

One of them must have mutated. Perhaps a seed from a white lily was in the
soil of the original red plant, sprouted and grew?

--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.