Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default snake in the pond

Hi, I saw a snake in the pond as I fed the fish!

I don't know what is was as it moved quick!

Will it do any harm?

How can I get rid of it?

Barry

Old 10-09-2006, 04:09 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Barry" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I saw a snake in the pond as I fed the fish!
I don't know what is was as it moved quick!

Will it do any harm?
How can I get rid of it?

Barry

Depends on the type of snake. Some snakes such as the North American
cottonmouth and garter snake do hunt fish, many snakes will eat amphibians
such as frogs, newts and salamanders plus tadpoles.

If it came there naturally, probably kind of difficult to get rid of it,
unless you catch it and release it elsewhere. Let it be, see if you see any
fish missing, then decide what to do about it.

-S

Old 10-09-2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.ponds

Barry wrote:

Hi, I saw a snake in the pond as I fed the fish!

I don't know what is was as it moved quick!

Will it do any harm?

Well, it's there for a reason - they can catch & eat fish, frogs & toads.
otoh, I've never lost anything important to them and I let them be. Of
course, it helps that I've never lived anywhere where I might come across
_poisonous_ snakes, or kept expensive fish. ymmv.
--
derek
Old 10-09-2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Barry" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I saw a snake in the pond as I fed the fish!

I don't know what is was as it moved quick!

Will it do any harm?

How can I get rid of it?

======================
Snakes and ponds go together. The snakes will eat any bird, fish or frog
they can swallow. Hope it isn't poisonous and be careful when you stick you
hands in your pond. I once went to remove what I thought was a rock from
the pond necklace that had fallen in. It was the butt of a snapping turtle.

You can't get rid of snakes as long as you have a pond. Even a bird net
wont keep them out as we found out this summer.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:12 PM posted to rec.ponds

Barry,

Good luck getting an answer to your question out of this group. ;-) I asked
the same question back on 8/5 and got no takers. There is a rather lively
discussion going on about shooting snakes; which, by the way, I'm not
advocating you do. About me and my snake, well, I saw it one other time and
not since. I'm guessing it moved on.

I would expect that a snake might make a meal out of some of your fish. Not
sure if it ate any of mine. Not the big one but I can't keep up with the
fry.

John

om...

Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.ponds

Köi-Lö wrote:
"Barry" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I saw a snake in the pond as I fed the fish!

I don't know what is was as it moved quick!

Will it do any harm?

How can I get rid of it?

======================
Snakes and ponds go together. The snakes will eat any bird, fish or frog
they can swallow. Hope it isn't poisonous and be careful when you stick you
hands in your pond. I once went to remove what I thought was a rock from
the pond necklace that had fallen in. It was the butt of a snapping turtle.

You can't get rid of snakes as long as you have a pond. Even a bird net
wont keep them out as we found out this summer.
--

Do we here an Echo in here?

Koi-lo is carolyn Gulley whose husband enjoy Porn, and download id by
the kilobytes:

Carolyn Adamo Gulley
3245 North Lamar Road Mount Juliet TN 37122-7806
Phone 615-459-9345

Is a confirmed liar and slanderer, all around Usenet Kook.
Her husband is also confirmed porn addict:

http://tinyurl.com/r5lex
http://tinyurl.com/hywe3

She also run hipcrime software and constantly nym-shift She uses three
to 4 newsservers for this purpose:
Thegreatnowhwere.com
Shared-secrets
Bellsouth

and any free server that pops up in the Alt.free.newsserver NG.

Before plaguing ARJW with her nonsense, she use to plague the Health NG
do a google search on Yarrow / windsong / Carol for more details.

http://tinyurl.com/99azt
http://tinyurl.com/87ow4
http://tinyurl.com/d6t5m
http://tinyurl.com/aheek
http://tinyurl.com/ck97r
http://tinyurl.com/cm3dp
http://tinyurl.com/8bscg
http://tinyurl.com/7epdg
http://tinyurl.com/bya3z

When she is best by a man she accuse him of stalking

http://tinyurl.com/8wryt

She engages people in senseless debates about absolutely nothing.
Her intent on ARJW is to slander JW's, and she has been doing this for
the last 10 years.
She also claims she is an expert on Fish and aquariums. This has been a
confirmed lie as well. All her advice comes from other sources, which
plagerize and claims as her own.

Before you reply to her on any topic , you may want to ask her a few
things or only one.
_Where does she get her information?
_Can her information be verified?
_Is the information up to date?
_What is the purpose of her post?

On the topic of JW's does she present reliable facts about JW's
or sling mud on a religious organization in good standing in almost
every country in the world?

O the topic of fish, ask where she got her information, and since she
replies on several aquarium newsgroups, where does she gets the time to
do what she claim she does?
an analysis oof he usenet posting indicates sge is glued to her
keyboard harrassing JW's.

Carol is well known Nut case in Mt Juliet TN. Don't belive me? Call
her Sheriff, they will tell you stories; call them yourselves:

Rutherford County Sheriff's Office
940 New Salem Highway
Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37129
615-898-7770

In any case ask her for evidence of her claims before proceeding with
your conversation with her, if not you may be end up wasting your time
and bandwidth on discussing subjects based on fraudulent and
fabricated information. This is how she manipulates clueless
bystanders in participating with her distributing false information
elsewhere?

Facts about Carol:

*She can never present evidence.
*She never reveals the source of her info (because there is none). Her
common reply, is: "everybody already knows". If everybody knew, why
bring it up?
*She always hides her identity. And change her header to avoid
killfiles. A TOS offense
*She cuts and paste, rewrite postings, and will even forge e-mail
addresses
;which her ISP allows her to do. Just ask them:

If your newsgroups has been victim of Carol's MCP and ECP that is off
topic you can report her. Her account is dpc6682112001.direcpc.com and
you may report her by calling 1-800-DirecPC, by emailing us at
, or by writing to:

Hughes Network Systems
1-866-347-3292
Customer Care Center
11717 Exploration Lane
Germantown, MD 20876 USA

Her use of remailers can still be traced to her account.No American ISP
like to be
associated with Hate Speech no matter if Hate speech is protected
under the First. It affects their commercial interest.
Then you can contact your own ISP and have them add them to their
block List Hughes Network Systems

Why does Carol behave as she does?

Carolyn Adamo Gulley of Mt Juliet Tn. Is a life long underachiever.
She did not finish High school in NYC, and lived as a biker gangsters
in the 60's and 70's. She claims on her former website that she has 2
failed
marriages and blames God for her poor choices. It is alleged that she
lost custody of her only son due to substance abuse, (never been
proven however). Dumped in TN by her Second husband, Quote-quote, with
no place to go.
Her current Husband is Porn Addict

She also has failed attempts at being a JW. She could never attain
their moral standards as dictated in the scriptures, and thus been at
war with them ever since. This has made her a very mentally unstable
woman, her hatred is intense, and due to biker-substance abuse
lifestyle, she now needs aid of a pacemaker.

white snake - white snake.jpg Persephone Garden Photos 1 26-04-2007 11:54 PM
Water Snake = Grass Snake? Terry Pinnell United Kingdom 1 15-06-2005 10:11 AM
Snake in my pond. pixi Ponds 19 03-08-2004 03:48 AM
Snake--- cool snake story... Gareee© Ponds 0 04-05-2004 03:02 PM
Snake Traps [safe for you & wont harm the snake] james North Carolina 0 26-04-2003 03:56 AM