GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond Iris Roots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/150487-pond-iris-roots.html)

Sara_B 21-10-2006 06:10 PM

Pond Iris Roots

I have a recently established pond in which I have put some Iris Sibericas. During this summer they have produced flowers, but also copious amounts of roots, some of which are anchoring the plants to the bottom of the pond, but they have also produced roots which are floating on the surface of the pond, which is unsightly. What should I do with the floating roots? Is it OK to trim them or should I learn to live with them?

Köi-Lö[_3_] 22-10-2006 05:00 AM

Pond Iris Roots

"Sara_B" wrote in message

I have a recently established pond in which I have put some Iris
Sibericas. During this summer they have produced flowers, but also
copious amounts of roots, some of which are anchoring the plants to the
bottom of the pond, but they have also produced roots which are floating
on the surface of the pond, which is unsightly. What should I do with
the floating roots? Is it OK to trim them or should I learn to live
with them?

=======================
I've done serious root pruning on my water iris's without seeing any visible
harm to them. When I sell them or give them away I root prune them to make
them easier to handle. No one ever complained that they died.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

[email protected] 22-10-2006 03:23 PM

Pond Iris Roots

I wasnt aware that siberian iris could stand having their roots submerged in water.
this isnt a louisiana Iris?

Sara_B wrote:

I have a recently established pond in which I have put some Iris
Sibericas. During this summer they have produced flowers, but also
copious amounts of roots, some of which are anchoring the plants to the
bottom of the pond, but they have also produced roots which are floating
on the surface of the pond, which is unsightly. What should I do with
the floating roots? Is it OK to trim them or should I learn to live
with them?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Koi-Lo[_1_] 25-10-2006 10:49 PM

Pond Iris Roots

Help Randy Gulley, Carol's husband , send the addict some porn at:

Carolyn and Randy Adamo Gulley
3245 North Lamar Road Mount Juliet TN 37122-7806
Phone 615-459-9345

After all he is requesting it on the Internet and thus it a legit
solicitation

http://tinyurl.com/r5lex
http://tinyurl.com/hywe3