Old 28-11-2006, 03:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD) rec.ponds.moderated-Follow-up

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:22:58 -0500, Vorian Atreides wrote:
[comments regarding creating a moderated]

Vorian Atreides has not submitted an RFD to news.announce.groups, the only
way to initiate an official RFD discussion. Such discussions take place in
news.groups.proposals. This is not a real RFD, will not lead to creating a
group, and is likely for the purpose of adding to your noise and
cross-posts.

--
Jayne
Old 28-11-2006, 03:35 PM posted to rec.ponds

Jayne Kulikauskas wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:22:58 -0500, Vorian Atreides wrote:
[comments regarding creating a moderated]

Vorian Atreides has not submitted an RFD to news.announce.groups, the only
way to initiate an official RFD discussion. Such discussions take place in
news.groups.proposals. This is not a real RFD, will not lead to creating a
group, and is likely for the purpose of adding to your noise and
cross-posts.

--
Jayne

As I understand it it was sent at the same time it was sent to NGP last
sunday. It was not posted Why?

Let me guess, moderation. And thus the problem with a moderated group.
Annoymous George has a contact in NG and has ask for them to wait for
his RFD.
So Vorian RFD is discarded.

Anyone else wants a "moderated group?

Old 28-11-2006, 04:03 PM posted to rec.ponds

On 28 Nov 2006 07:35:53 -0800, Nekojin wrote:

Jayne Kulikauskas wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:22:58 -0500, Vorian Atreides wrote:
[comments regarding creating a moderated]

Vorian Atreides has not submitted an RFD to news.announce.groups, the only
way to initiate an official RFD discussion. Such discussions take place in
news.groups.proposals. This is not a real RFD, will not lead to creating a
group, and is likely for the purpose of adding to your noise and
cross-posts.

--
Jayne

As I understand it it was sent at the same time it was sent to NGP last
sunday. It was not posted Why?

I was not part of that decision, but anyone can read about the criteria for
an RFD at:
http://www.big-8.org/dokuwiki/doku.p...icies:creation

If Vorian Atreides submitted an RFD that was identical to the one that was
posted, it failed to meet the stated criteria in many ways. For example,
it did not include proposed moderators, gave incorrect information about
the creation process and lacked a mandatory boilerplate.

Let me guess, moderation. And thus the problem with a moderated group.
Annoymous George has a contact in NG and has ask for them to wait for
his RFD.
So Vorian RFD is discarded.

If Vorian submitted a correctly formatted RFD and established his identity
as genuine, I expect that his RFD would be accepted. He has not done either
of these things.

--
Jayne