Old 05-12-2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Attn: true rec.ponders -brief update for 12-3 -from george

Well said!

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 20:47:32 +0000, Gill Passman
wrote:

Tristan wrote:

As to who that one person was look up Gill Passman.......

I was not going to get involved in any debate on this publicly....(and
no I am not George or any of the moderation team)...however I have been
named....I will confirm the veracity of the information given by
Tristan....I have been a long time lurker on rec.ponds (3 years) and
occassional poster. I am interested in building a pond and hopefully to
keep koi....however with a young child this is a long time in the
planning plus I want all the information I can get before I even turn
any turf....and yes I have worked with others to try to get a solution
to this problem without taking the moderation route....

Tristan, however he wishes to present himself, is a ponder....I have
never discussed my interest in rec.ponds with anyone other than a
regular ponder on this group....and although not 100% sure I believe I
know who he is....

Yes, I am interested in seeing this group sorted out...if moderation is
what it takes then sobeit....but this moderation needs to be based on
exclusion on subject matter/content and not personalities - something
I'm pretty sure is the opinion of the proponent and proposed moderation
team....

Why am I interested? Because when I do start digging that pond I want
the best advice out there which I can get from the regular ponders
(including the person currently calling himself Tristan)...and I want it
without being attacked personally or having to filter out stuff on a
daily basis as these trolls change names and adopt the IDs of others....

Just my two pennyworth (UK version of 2Cents)

Gill

Old 06-12-2006, 04:07 AM posted to rec.ponds

Sure does seem like every other word / post out of Gail and Dereks and
Jans mouoth is the hopes to be able to curtail or ban someone from
making a post that wsa against them in a former group. Yep, yu three
anyhow are destined some sure nuff great moderators ina nazi
regulated group......You are all to narrow minded to think straight,
so yu have no other otption than to hope for the possibiolity to ban
any and all that do not pay their respects to the mighty moderators.

This is going to be very interesting if it ever does get off the
ground.......which I seriously doubt!

We won't miss these posts of yours, Roy. Plonk!

Old 06-12-2006, 05:16 AM posted to rec.ponds

So am I on the hit list there Jan.......ha ha. Your sounding more like
a typical biased buiggoted mod every post you make. jan who has a
hard time decididng on what way she wants to go, mod no mod, yes mod
no mod, perhaps its the change of life your experieinceing jan,Sure
must be a real pain not being able to cypher which way is up!

Old 06-12-2006, 06:13 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 03:07:00 GMT, ~ janj wrote:

Sure does seem like every other word / post out of Gail and Dereks and
Jans mouoth is the hopes to be able to curtail or ban someone from
making a post that wsa against them in a former group. Yep, yu three
anyhow are destined some sure nuff great moderators ina nazi
regulated group......You are all to narrow minded to think straight,
so yu have no other otption than to hope for the possibiolity to ban
any and all that do not pay their respects to the mighty moderators.

This is going to be very interesting if it ever does get off the
ground.......which I seriously doubt!

We won't miss these posts of yours, Roy. Plonk!

Just to make it clear, a post written on the attack/negative/nasty, like
the one above, will not be missed, regardless of the author. ~ jan
-----------------

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium
Old 06-12-2006, 07:35 AM posted to rec.ponds

"~ janj" wrote in message
Just to make it clear, a post written on the attack/negative/nasty, like
the one above, will not be missed, regardless of the author. ~ jan
---------------------------------------

Or messages like the one below either.

"Snooze" wrote in message
et...
Should we abandon rec.ponds, we
won't really care if Carol and her army of clones fights all day here and in
alt.religion.jehovahs-witn. Or the army of trolls and their associated
clones.

Knowing there tools to cause havoc in a moderated newsgroup, by letting
Carol follow come there, her enemies will too. But since I'm not a
moderator, I don't set policy, I'm just voicing my 2 cents.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

[posted only to rec.ponds]
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
[snip]
Gail,

Carol was against moderation, Now she is all for it. Sociophysics told me
why. And Derek confirmed it.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Sociophysics "told" you what? Is
that like some New Age thing?

Derek was talking about people he, as an individual, might killfile on his
news server, not "banning" anyone as a moderator. I can killfile anyone I
want on my newsserver, and that will NOT affect any posts I would read as a
moderator. That distinction is clear in what Derek wrote and in what I
wrote, and should be made clear in the RFD.

The fact that some of us are willing to read a great amount of dreck to
maintain a decent signal to noise ratio on rec.ponds.moderated, should
indicate to anyone reading these threads that we are
(1) crazy
(2) have too much time on our hands
(3) sincerely wish to have a USENET newsgroup where we can discuss ... (wait
for it) .....
p o n d s
(4) all of the above

I couldn't care less what "Carol" (whoever that is) wants or doesn't want.
If rec.ponds.moderated ends up being approved, it will be because ALL
interested parties will be involved in the discussion. Including you.
Including "Carol". Etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Why would you think one person could have that much influence on a process
that is clearly of interest to a number of people, some of whom are actual
rec.ponders (easy to check in Google groups based on posting history) and
have been very clear in expressing their interest in the creation of
rec.ponds.moderated?

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 06-12-2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

[posted only to rec.ponds]
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
Tristan wrote:
Carol your the biggest user of Hipcrime here. You supplied it to a
few others taught them how to use it then plead stupid ignorant old
granny who is puter lliterate.

Jayne and the board is not listening to anyone who oppose Carol. There
mind is made they moderating the group to protect Carol.

derek is on of the moderator. And clearly sated why he was going to
moderate group.

Anyone who is interested in rec.ponds.moderated would be well advised to do
an advanced search on Google groups and review the posts of those involved
in the discussion over the past two weeks or so to decide for themselves the
veracity of the statements above.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 06-12-2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

Gail Futoran wrote:
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
Gail Futoran wrote:
"Tristan" wrote in message
This is exactly whyt a modewrated group is bad. A person does not have
to physically have a pond to have an interest in a pond now do they,
What I wrote below was: "And your interest in ponds is...?" NOTHING
in
that statement suggests that Vorian Atreides or anyone else must have a
physical pond.

Sociophysics, and biospheres; ponds are very important in self contained
ecosystem

And the moon is a satellite of the Earth.

::sigh::

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

You asked a question I answered. I am also reading the environment groups.
Do you know why a pond is important in Biosphere?

I have no expertise in biospheres. Nor do I pretend to.

Your posting history on Google groups reveals that during the past 25 years
(Google's archives begin Jan. 1, 1981), you posted to various newsgroups
between April 17, 2005 - September 15, 2005 and between September 10, 2006 -
the present, and at no other time. Newsgroups you posted to we
rec.ponds
alt.atheism
alt.talk.creationism
Sin Mascaras
alt.gossip.celebrities
alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
news.groups
free.christians

Except for rec.ponds, none of those newsgroups has anything to do with
ponding or the ecology etc., and all of your rec.ponds posts have had to do
with the discussion to create rec.ponds.moderated.

That's why I keep advising people to check everyone's posting history. It's
painfully easy to check on someone's statements about their interests.
There is no way to check which newsgroups someone "reads" but does not post
to. Hence, you can make any assertion about your interests, but unless you
have posted, at least once, to a given newsgroup, people would have to take
your word for your interests. Since you've never posted anything specific
about ponding, I have to include you have no interest in ponding, despite
your assertion above.

That said, anyone can post their comments about a proposed
rec.ponds.moderated. If I didn't believe that strongly, I wouldn't have
bothered responding to any of your posts. I'm not interested in keeping
controversies alive, nor am I interested in engaging someone who indulges in
personal attacks, abusive language, and conspiracy theories. I am
interested in rec.ponds.moderated. Hence, I need to be involved in the
discussion, however much I would prefer to be spending my time talking about
ponds.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 06-12-2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

[posted only to rec.ponds]

"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
Derek Broughton wrote:
Gail Futoran wrote:

[ngs trimmed]
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
Nekojin wrote:
wrote:
Hi and best wishes to all true rec.ponders:

The moderators are very hard at work discussing all of the
general issues involved in this matter, and putting them together for
the new RFD.

So, without consent of the group regulars, you have a group of secret
moderators. And everyone here agrees with this?

No, what George has is a group of long-time r.p.ers who are willing to
help
write the RFD and moderate the resulting group - IF SUCH A GROUP IS
CREATED.

Do you know George is?
And the other Moderators?

It's up to everybody here whether the group becomes a reality,
and how likely that is is a direct consequence of (a) how well we write
the
RFD, and (b) how much you trust us. [Yes, I'm one of the secret cabal -
don't tell anyone]

Then you are not to be trusted Derek. No Wonder Carol attitude changed
from oppostion to accepting the Moderated group. A person who acts in
secret for supposed benefit of a group is called a dictator and a coward.

Let it go. I was monitoring news.groups And it is not pretty.
All of I have to say is this. If they allow Carol to post. They defeat
the purpose of moderation for rec.ponds

That's certainly not _our_ purpose.

Yes the Frak it is. You are the only rec.ponder who supported Carol and
her harassment of other groups for years.

Are you Jew Burner Derek? Do you support the Palestinian and Iran on
killing Jews? Wipe them off the planet? Because that is what Carol is, a
nasty Jew burner. Only she persecutes Jw's And her nastiness was exposed
here on this list for the last 2 years, and now you are going to help her
hide from her responsibility. And any person on Rec.Ponds who support
Carol is a #@% Nazi and you make me sick.

Just for the information of anyone reading, and given my current level of
understanding of the moderation process, if I saw this post as a submission
to rec.ponds.moderated, as a moderator I would return it to the poster and
ask him(?) to remove the personal attacks and resubmit the on topic portions
of his(?) post, that is, the questions about the upcoming RFD. Also,
crossposts would be removed (as I have removed them in my reply) since they
were all irrelevant to ponding.

U want to know who else is in this Cabal! You all a bunch of Frakking
cowards wearing a sheet over your head.

Abusive language and personal attacks.

Our purpose is to eliminate all the
personal attacks and get back to ponding. Given that nobody named Vorian
Atreides has _ever_ posted a pond related message on this group, I can't
imagine what _you_ think the purpose could be.

And George has? Who is George?

I've ask Jayne and Others if they knew why some of rec.ponds regulars
wanted moderation, and they could not reply.

You didn't ask me.

Are you telling me you are not a regular?
But you are going to be a moderator?

To keep all the carol-shit out of the group. That means
the attacks ON Carol, mostly, but yes it will include the ones she
insists
on making.

I see, I wonder How the boards feel about a moderated group sole purpose
is to protect Carol from the consequences of her actions.

The need for moderation is obvious to anyone who reads rec.ponds.

I'm curious to know about your (Vorian Atreides) interest or involvement
in ponds. I've asked this before and gotten no response.

No surprise.

sociophysics and biosperes.

Non sequitur.

Again, I invite any interested parties to go to Google groups and search on
the posting histories of everyone involved in these discussions. And decide
for yourselves who is and who is not sincerely interested in supporting a
pond discussion group on USENET.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 06-12-2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

This is a public service announcement:

Anyone who is interested in rec.ponds.moderated would
be well advised to do an advanced search on Google
groups and review the posts of those involved in the
rec.ponds discussion over the past two weeks or so to
decide for themselves the veracity of statements made.

http://groups.google.com/

-Go to Advanced Groups Search (link to the right of the
large SEARCH box)

-put rec.ponds in the Group box (or any other group(s)
you're interested in)

-If you're interested in a particular poster, put that
indivdual's name in the Author box. You can use their
username or their email addy

-If you're interested in a particular subject, you can
do that, too

-You can limit the time of the search by specifying
certain dates.

Once you done an advanced search a couple of times,
you'll get the hang of it and can revise your search
based on criteria that interest you.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 06-12-2006, 08:02 PM posted to rec.ponds

YOur bullshit holds as much credence as Carol does in saying she will
never post again. There is a ton of users that lurk, there is a ton
thatpost only rarely. But to you and some others the only ones with a
real vested interest in ponds is those that fill up bandwidth with
bullshit assinine posts that have no real bearing on ponds or fish,
but merely numbers posted in the rec.ponds group, Your a loney tune
Gail. a real fruit cake. YOu do not believe anyone on their intents
so why could you be trusted to be a fair mod....its just not gonna
happen is it.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:30 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:04:29 -0600, Tristan wrote:

Folks speaking the facts and truth sure do hurt don;t they Gail.

Thank you for providing this opportunity for Gail to demonstrate her
ability to remain calm and polite even when dealing with abusive,
unreasonable and dishonest posters. This is a valuable trait in a
moderator.

I expect the entire group creation team appreciates your posts because you
make a persuasive case for moderation. I hope you will continue to build
support for a moderated ponds group as we approach the RFD in
news.groups.proposals.

--
Jayne
Old 06-12-2006, 11:55 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Tristan" wrote in message
news

YOur bullshit holds as much credence as Carol does in saying she will
never post again. There is a ton of users that lurk, there is a ton
thatpost only rarely. But to you and some others the only ones with a
real vested interest in ponds is those that fill up bandwidth with
bullshit assinine posts that have no real bearing on ponds or fish,
but merely numbers posted in the rec.ponds group, Your a loney tune
Gail. a real fruit cake. YOu do not believe anyone on their intents
so why could you be trusted to be a fair mod....its just not gonna
happen is it.

Personal attack. Adds nothing to the discussion at hand.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 07-12-2006, 12:16 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Thomas Lee" wrote in message
In message , Jayne Kulikauskas
writes

The proponents and RFD creation team apparently don't want to have a
pre-RFD discussion in news.groups.

Where is pre-rfd discussion taking place?

It seems likely that Board members have nothing to add to what is stated
on
their website.

You do not speak for me. ;-)

I'd certainly like to see some pre-rfd discussion taking place somewhere.

Respectfully, a pre-RFD discussion of a moderated version of rec.ponds has
been taking place in rec.ponds for about the last two weeks.

But then, I'm brand new to this process (creating a new USENET newsgroup) so
perhaps I'm missing some subtlety.

Thomas
--
Thomas Lee