Old 03-12-2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Attn: true rec.ponders -brief update for 12-3 -from george

Hi and best wishes to all true rec.ponders:

The moderators are very hard at work discussing all of the
general issues involved in this matter, and putting them together for
the new RFD.
There is a genuine sense of teamwork, commitment, openness and
fairness in their effort.
If you are a true rec.ponder, I am sure you will be pleased
when the RFD comes out.

Be sure that your newsprovider carries the new group called:
news.groups.proposals. If they don't as yet, ask them to.
And then be sure to subscribe to that group.
When the RFD is published, you will be able to freely discuss it
on that group. We will encourage you to study it, and offer
suggestions, changes, additions, etc. for the moderators to consider
when they update it to RFD #2.
I would expect it to be another week, or 2 at tops, before the
RFD (#1) is completed and submitted.

__ Spred the word__ to other true rec.ponders! We will need
all the support and helpful feedback we can get..

Next update here will probably be in 2-3 days.

-george (my real name & address
will be found in RFD #1)

PS: when the RFD comes out, a copy of it will be found in
news.announce.newsgroups
The actual discussion will be in news.groups.proposals.

When it is submitted and published, we will also announce it
here on rec.ponds

Keep the faith! We should be getting our favorite group back,,
albeit under a new name!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:57 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:
Hi and best wishes to all true rec.ponders:

Thanks for the update, George!

~Semper Fi~
Old 04-12-2006, 04:26 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
Hi and best wishes to all true rec.ponders:

The moderators are very hard at work discussing all of the
general issues involved in this matter, and putting them together for
the new RFD.
There is a genuine sense of teamwork, commitment, openness and
fairness in their effort.
If you are a true rec.ponder, I am sure you will be pleased
when the RFD comes out.

===================
Thanks for keeping us updated.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:44 AM posted to rec.ponds

Köi-Lö wrote:
wrote in message
Hi and best wishes to all true rec.ponders:

The moderators are very hard at work discussing all of the
general issues involved in this matter, and putting them together for
the new RFD.
There is a genuine sense of teamwork, commitment, openness and
fairness in their effort.
If you are a true rec.ponder, I am sure you will be pleased
when the RFD comes out.

===================
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Yeah Carol, so you have an Idea when you will be wiped out.

--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:40 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 17:50:39 -0500, wrote:

Be sure that your newsprovider carries the new group called:
news.groups.proposals. If they don't as yet, ask them to.
And then be sure to subscribe to that group.

Ready!

Regards,

Hal

Old 05-12-2006, 02:30 AM posted to rec.ponds

[ngs trimmed]
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
[snip]

And your interest in ponds is...??? Sounds like...???

Gail

Old 05-12-2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.ponds

This is exactly whyt a modewrated group is bad. A person does not have
to physically have a pond to have an interest in a pond now do they,
but according to a lot of foolks here if a person does not have a pond
then they must be up to no good so therefore they do not belong here.
Casein point, was a person who tried their damdest to straightenouot
RP, and failed. She wsa from the UK, lurked here for a long long time,
and odds are not one of the rec ponders ever knew of her. She wanted
to listen anbd learn how to do ponds and koi. Her intent was to build
a proper pond.....now where would htis group be with such narrow
minded views that yu need to have a physical pond to have an interest
or be recognized in this group. Far as that goes, Carol uses her
neighbors pinds and claims them as her own.. No need to moderate if
Carol was to be blocked period off the usenet and it could certainly
be done if folks complained about the "right" person instead of the
numerous trolls that would soon go away if Carol was history. You all
brought and endorsed Carol for what she is so now you need to put up
with the bitch or shut up!

Old 05-12-2006, 04:42 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Tristan" wrote in message

This is exactly whyt a modewrated group is bad. A person does not have
to physically have a pond to have an interest in a pond now do they,

What I wrote below was: "And your interest in ponds is...?" NOTHING in
that statement suggests that Vorian Atreides or anyone else must have a
physical pond.

My very first post to rec.ponds was back in 1995 when I was living in an
apartment and merely *contemplating* having a pond in a house I was planning
to move into. Many other people have posted to rec.ponds who were in the
midst of designing a pond or thinking about designing a pond and they got
good feedback from rec.ponds regulars. Some people have posted queries who
have no ponds but were perhaps interested in frogs or other typical pond
wildlife and their posts were responded to respectfully.

Anyone can search Google groups to see that is true.

I would not go to a newsgroup I had no interest in to tell the regulars
there how to run their group or a proposed offshoot of their group. I find
it incredibly bizarre that *anyone* would want to do that who didn't have a
technical interest and expertise in the process, like Jayne.

Why doesn't Vorian Atreides want people to know about his interest in ponds,
assuming he has any? Why doesn't he respond to a simple request?

You're attacking the wrong person.

but according to a lot of foolks here if a person does not have a pond
then they must be up to no good so therefore they do not belong here.

A minimal amount of research in Google groups will demonstrate that your
assertion is completely false. And offensive to rec.ponders who have
requested to a wide range of queries, some only minimally related to ponds,
with friendliness and helpfulness.

Casein point, was a person who tried their damdest to straightenouot
RP, and failed. She wsa from the UK, lurked here for a long long time,
and odds are not one of the rec ponders ever knew of her. She wanted
to listen anbd learn how to do ponds and koi. Her intent was to build
a proper pond.....now where would htis group be with such narrow
minded views that yu need to have a physical pond to have an interest
or be recognized in this group.

Who? You can make up anything you like, but unless you're prepared to
provide a user name so that I or anyone else can go to Google groups to
check out your story, then you're just blowing smoke.

Far as that goes, Carol uses her
neighbors pinds and claims them as her own..

How would you know that?

No need to moderate if
Carol was to be blocked period off the usenet and it could certainly
be done if folks complained about the "right" person instead of the
numerous trolls that would soon go away if Carol was history. You all
brought and endorsed Carol for what she is so now you need to put up
with the bitch or shut up!

Personal attacks would not be allowed in rec.ponds.moderated.
If you don't like personal attacks, why are you engaging in them yourself?

And again, anyone will be allowed to post to rec.ponds.moderated, as long as
their posts are on topic, no matter what their past posting history on
unmoderated groups. Even on topic posts from Vorian Atreides would be
welcome, assuming he(?) has any interest in ponds, which I doubt.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 05-12-2006, 04:56 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
[snip]
A minimal amount of research in Google groups will demonstrate that your
assertion is completely false. And offensive to rec.ponders who have
requested to a wide range of queries, some only minimally related to
ponds,
with friendliness and helpfulness.

[snip]

That was supposed to read "And offensive to rec.ponders who have *responded*
to a wide range of queries..."

::sigh::

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 05-12-2006, 06:05 PM posted to rec.ponds

Tristan wrote:

This is exactly whyt a modewrated group is bad. A person does not have
to physically have a pond to have an interest in a pond now do they,
but according to a lot of foolks here if a person does not have a pond
then they must be up to no good so therefore they do not belong here.
Casein point, was a person who tried their damdest to straightenouot
RP, and failed. She wsa from the UK, lurked here for a long long time,
and odds are not one of the rec ponders ever knew of her. She wanted
to listen anbd learn how to do ponds and koi. Her intent was to build
a proper pond.....now where would htis group be with such narrow
minded views that yu need to have a physical pond to have an interest
or be recognized in this group.

Therefore, clearly, she had an interest in ponds. Good enough.

The rest of your post however demonstrates that you neither have such an
interest, nor do you know anything of Carol, who certainly does have ponds.

plonk (Which I'll still be able to do to you in a moderated group, even
if you behave better and make it past the moderation process)
--
derek
Old 05-12-2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.ponds

Nekojin wrote:
wrote:
Hi and best wishes to all true rec.ponders:

The moderators are very hard at work discussing all of the
general issues involved in this matter, and putting them together for
the new RFD.

So, without consent of the group regulars, you have a group of secret
moderators. And everyone here agrees with this?

No, what George has is a group of long-time r.p.ers who are willing to help
write the RFD and moderate the resulting group - IF SUCH A GROUP IS
CREATED. It's up to everybody here whether the group becomes a reality,
and how likely that is is a direct consequence of (a) how well we write the
RFD, and (b) how much you trust us. [Yes, I'm one of the secret cabal -
don't tell anyone]

Let it go. I was monitoring news.groups And it is not pretty.
All of I have to say is this. If they allow Carol to post. They defeat
the purpose of moderation for rec.ponds

That's certainly not _our_ purpose. Our purpose is to eliminate all the
personal attacks and get back to ponding. Given that nobody named Vorian
Atreides has _ever_ posted a pond related message on this group, I can't
imagine what _you_ think the purpose could be.

I've ask Jayne and Others if they knew why some of rec.ponds regulars
wanted moderation, and they could not reply.

You didn't ask me. To keep all the carol-shit out of the group. That means
the attacks ON Carol, mostly, but yes it will include the ones she insists
on making.

The need for moderation is obvious to anyone who reads rec.ponds.

I'm curious to know about your (Vorian Atreides) interest or involvement
in ponds. I've asked this before and gotten no response.

No surprise.
--
derek
Old 05-12-2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.ponds

Sure does seem like every other word / post out of Gail and Dereks and
Jans mouoth is the hopes to be able to curtail or ban someone from
making a post that wsa against them in a former group. Yep, yu three
anyhow are destined some sure nuff great moderators ina nazi
regulated group......You are all to narrow minded to think straight,
so yu have no other otption than to hope for the possibiolity to ban
any and all that do not pay their respects to the mighty moderators.

This is going to be very interesting if it ever does get off the
ground.......which I seriously doubt!

Old 05-12-2006, 08:48 PM posted to rec.ponds

Gail Futoran wrote:
"Tristan" wrote in message

This is exactly whyt a modewrated group is bad. A person does not have
to physically have a pond to have an interest in a pond now do they,

What I wrote below was: "And your interest in ponds is...?" NOTHING in
that statement suggests that Vorian Atreides or anyone else must have a
physical pond.

Sociophysics, and biospheres; ponds are very important in self contained
ecosystem

And the moon is a satellite of the Earth.

::sigh::

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 05-12-2006, 08:48 PM posted to rec.ponds

Derek Broughton wrote:

The rest of your post however demonstrates that you neither have such an
interest, nor do you know anything of Carol, who certainly does have
ponds.

plonk (Which I'll still be able to do to you in a moderated group,
even
if you behave better and make it past the moderation process)

Pure example on how moderators will exclude people.

NOOOO, that was example of how any individual, reading a post in a USENET
newsgroup, moderated or unmoderated, is still capable of killfiling anyone
they wish in their own news server. It has NOTHING ZIP
ZERO to do with moderation. Which was clear from what Derek wrote.

Sheesh

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003