Old 05-12-2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Moderated rec.ponds

We find ourselves in a rather interesting situation. Those of us that are
tired of the state that rec.ponds is currently in, can create a new
newsgroup, rec.ponds.moderated, and abandon rec.ponds. I think that also
puts us in an interesting cross roads. Should we abandon rec.ponds, we
won't really care if Carol and her army of clones fights all day here and in
alt.religion.jehovahs-witn. Or the army of trolls and their associated
clones.

Knowing there tools to cause havoc in a moderated newsgroup, by letting
Carol follow come there, her enemies will too. But since I'm not a
moderator, I don't set policy, I'm just voicing my 2 cents.

-S

Old 05-12-2006, 08:16 PM posted to rec.ponds

Snooze wrote:

Knowing there tools to cause havoc in a moderated newsgroup, by letting
Carol follow come there, her enemies will too. But since I'm not a
moderator, I don't set policy, I'm just voicing my 2 cents.

I'll trust our technology. They may be able to get the odd post in, but
knowing the authentication system in mind, I don't see them being
successful in any large way.

As for policy, you have as much chance to set policy as anybody. An RFD is
an interative process - if you don't like it, voice your objections. If
people accept your reasoning, we'll have no choice but to fix the RFD if we
want to get it passed.
--
derek
Old 05-12-2006, 08:21 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Snooze" wrote in message
et...
We find ourselves in a rather interesting situation. Those of us that are
tired of the state that rec.ponds is currently in, can create a new
newsgroup, rec.ponds.moderated, and abandon rec.ponds.

Once abandoned the troll will leave. Most have tired of the games and have
already left.

I think that also
puts us in an interesting cross roads. Should we abandon rec.ponds, we
won't really care if Carol and her army of clones fight all day here and
in alt.religion.jehovahs-witn. Or the army of trolls and their associated
clones.

Another personal attack on me Snooze? It never ends does it? You just have
to keep stirring the pot and feeding the trolls. Why haven't you taken the
advice to killfile me instead of harassing and trolling me these past two
years?

Knowing there tools to cause havoc in a moderated newsgroup, by letting
Carol follow come there, her enemies will too.

Never happen. If they (you included) did follow me and were "on topic" WHO
CARES?

But since I'm not a
moderator, I don't set policy, I'm just voicing my 2 cents.

After the problems you caused here Snooze, you're 2 cents is
meaningless........... You've posted more personal attacks than on-topic
messages. You've attacked nearly every ON TOPIC message I've posted here in
the past 2 years. Learn to use your killfile so you're not tempted to
continue the verbal abuse when you read my messages.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:31 PM posted to rec.ponds

Smoking the wacky weed or hitting the bottle today again snooze. You
sure do dream a lot. Carol is gonna take over rec.ponds as well as
have her say so in the moderated pond group if it fliies, and yur just
left out in the cold with carol calling the shots, as well as three
other bigoted individuals all hellbent on who and how they intend to
ban or prevent certainposts or people fromposting even before its in
effect and up and running. Now how much more one sided can a moderated
forum be, and who thinks those three (Jan, Derek and Gail) can
possibly be impartial and give every poster a fair shake, needs to go
and have their head examined.

A charter or rfd does not mean a darn thing in all reality.......and
there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:41 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:43:18 -0600, Köi-Lö wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Snooze wrote:

snip a lot of hula bullshit.]
QUOTE BY CAROL
I think it's clear he wants certain people EXCLUDED even if they post
on-topic messages. And that's not meant as a personal attack on him. I
don't know any other way to put it.

END QUOTE

Well what do you know. After all these years CArol and I finally do
agree on one thing. Derek is all busting at the gut tobe able to
restrict those he has heartburn with weather or not the posts are on
or off topic. Derek as well as Gail but mianly Derek is hell bent on
payback to any and all that has slighted him. This called for
moderated forum is destined to fail even before it gets started with a
moderator like Derek at the controls! He was totally against any and
all moderated forums before, since he wsa not in on the ground floor,
now he is trying to get in on the ground floor for no other interest
than to deny certain posters, not to be confused with the best
interest of a new group by any means, its his way of payback.
Pityfull Derek with an axe to grind! tsk tsk tsk
Old 05-12-2006, 08:43 PM posted to rec.ponds

Snooze wrote:

Knowing there tools to cause havoc in a moderated newsgroup, by letting
Carol follow come there, her enemies will too. But since I'm not a
moderator, I don't set policy, I'm just voicing my 2 cents.

I'll trust our technology.

They CAN be blocked. I trust the technology also.

They may be able to get the odd post in, but
knowing the authentication system in mind, I don't see them being
successful in any large way.

I would have no problem being authenticated. If I need to switch ISPs or
NSPs I can let someone know.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:53 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Köi-Lö" wrote in message
Another personal attack on me Snooze? It never ends does it? You just
have to keep stirring the pot and feeding the trolls. Why haven't you
taken the advice to killfile me instead of harassing and trolling me these
past two years?

Would be real easy for you to killfile me, but you can't. Therefore, you may
call me the puppet master.

I'm just pointing out truths, the more you scream, the more the truth become
apparent to the rational person.

-S

Old 05-12-2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.ponds

Get over it carol every one that dissagrees with you is out to kill
your sorry ****ing ass, I sure wish someone would do it and we could
get back to a rec.pond all with out you. I know yu have heard it
before, but yur more than a few bricks short of a full load Carol and
you do need help and meds.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Snooze" wrote in message
et...
We find ourselves in a rather interesting situation. Those of us that are
tired of the state that rec.ponds is currently in, can create a new
newsgroup, rec.ponds.moderated, and abandon rec.ponds.

Abandoning rec.ponds is an assumption on your part, not mine. If
rec.ponds.moderated is approved, I intend to continue reading and
occasionally posting to rec.ponds, if for no other reason than alerting
newbies to the existence of a pond group where they can interact with other
ponders without being flamed or forged.

I think that also
puts us in an interesting cross roads. Should we abandon rec.ponds, we
won't really care if Carol and her army of clones fights all day here and
in alt.religion.jehovahs-witn. Or the army of trolls and their associated
clones.

rec.ponds will continue to exist whatever happens with rec.ponds.moderated.
I know of no plans to get it delisted, or whatever the appropriate term is.

Knowing there tools to cause havoc in a moderated newsgroup, by letting
Carol follow come there, her enemies will too. But since I'm not a
moderator, I don't set policy, I'm just voicing my 2 cents.

If I've said this once, I've said it a gadzillion times, moderation should
be done by content, and most if not all regular rec.ponders agree. That
means anyone can post, as long as they post within certain reasonable
guidelines, it doesn't matter what they've done in the past on rec.ponds or
any other newsgroup. Moderation policy will be spelled out in the RFD. If
you don't like the proposed moderation policies, suggest revisions. That's
how a RFD works.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 05-12-2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Tristan" wrote in message

Smoking the wacky weed or hitting the bottle today again snooze. You
sure do dream a lot. Carol is gonna take over rec.ponds as well as
have her say so in the moderated pond group if it fliies, and yur just
left out in the cold with carol calling the shots, as well as three
other bigoted individuals all hellbent on who and how they intend to
ban or prevent certainposts or people fromposting even before its in
effect and up and running. Now how much more one sided can a moderated
forum be, and who thinks those three (Jan, Derek and Gail) can
possibly be impartial and give every poster a fair shake, needs to go
and have their head examined.

[snip]

Oh good grief, now you're just being silly! Anyone who can't see through
you is as much of a troll as you are.

I stand by my posting history, which is easy to check by doing a search in
Google groups. If I'm "bigoted", then pigs fly. You're just attacking me
because I dared to challenge your obviously false and inflammatory
assertions in a previous post.

Buh bye.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Old 06-12-2006, 04:28 AM posted to rec.ponds

I think it's clear he wants certain people EXCLUDED even if they post
on-topic messages. And that's not meant as a personal attack on him. I
don't know any other way to put it.

I don't know who "him" is, but I'm sure this post is related to the
moderators. Hopefully it will relieve some fears that it will take more
than one moderator to return a post. Thus stopping any personal vendettas.
Any post that is related to ponding and/or OT friendly discussion between
ponders, will pass thru.

Course that reminds me of the day when RP had a couple of posters just
chit-chatting to each other. I guess they liked the comfort of public
e-mail.... they formed their own group alt.garden.pond.chat so they could
continue it there. And to think back then we thought that "they" were a
problem, how silly. :-) ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 06-12-2006, 04:52 AM posted to rec.ponds

"~ janj" wrote in message
I think it's clear he wants certain people EXCLUDED even if they post
on-topic messages. And that's not meant as a personal attack on him. I
don't know any other way to put it.

I don't know who "him" is, but I'm sure this post is related to the
moderators.

No. It wasn't related to a moderator, but to one of the regulars. I don't
think it's been made clear who the moderators are except for Derek. But
then NSPs do miss an occasional message.

Hopefully it will relieve some fears that it will take more
than one moderator to return a post. Thus stopping any personal vendettas.

Which would remove just about all the rude, obscene, insulting, personal
attack and "in general" troll posts. Ahhh,... that would make it rec.ponds
once again! :-)))

Any post that is related to ponding and/or OT friendly discussion between
ponders, will pass thru.

Course that reminds me of the day when RP had a couple of posters just
chit-chatting to each other. I guess they liked the comfort of public
e-mail.... they formed their own group alt.garden.pond.chat so they could
continue it there. And to think back then we thought that "they" were a
problem, how silly. :-) ~ jan

I personally never saw chit-chat off topic messages between ponders
irritating. I just skipped the thread. ;-) It worked for me.

--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

This is a public service announcement:

Anyone who is interested in rec.ponds.moderated would
be well advised to do an advanced search on Google
groups and review the posts of those involved in the
rec.ponds discussion over the past two weeks or so to
decide for themselves the veracity of statements made.

http://groups.google.com/

-Go to Advanced Groups Search (link to the right of the large SEARCH box)

-put rec.ponds in the Group box (or any other group(s)
you're interested in)

-If you're interested in a particular poster, put that
indivdual's name in the Author box. You can use
their username or their email addy

-If you're interested in a particular subject, you can
do that, too

-You can limit the time of the search by specifying
certain dates.

Once you done an advanced search a couple of
times, you'll get the hang of it and can revise your
search based on criteria that interest you.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003