Old 07-12-2006, 11:18 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default ATTN: Koi Lo aka carol gulley

Does it really mean a dam thing as to who a person is or what nym they
"continually use" Do you have a guilty conscience or what? Are you
being threatened? Are you beiing pursued? I doubt it, so shut the ****
up and let foks determine who is who and if they care to reply to
whoever is posting. Its not your dam decision now is it. Grow the hell
up and quit acting like a 65 year old punk......No one really cares
except you! You have a unique trait on bringinng out the worst in even
a saint!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:38 PM posted to rec.ponds

Carol, you seem to be the one and ONLY one that is so concerned with
this moderati0n proposal as well as who is who and who is posting
wehat. May I ask you why? What is it that makes you feel so paranoid
or left out in the dark. Is it the attention whore syndrome yu suffer
form. Are yu afriad y umay be totaly ignored. I have a suggestion,
and its not like it has not been suggested on more thanone occasion
before, as it has, why not just shut up and commit to reading and
resist all impulses to post. It may be a bit of good for you, and I
know it dam sure will benefit the gorum that you seem to care so
little about as you use it for your own personal needs...which are
hardly even close to being on topic.

I think others who have had problems are certianly capable of handling
issues themselves without your need to fire up the stove and keep
pitching wood into it, so shove a sock in it and shut up. I bet I have
had more folks communicating with me this past week from this and the
other aquaria groups than the so called few you are so concerned
with. If thats all in this forum and others that have your email
address you have some serious issues to say the least. You need help,
but thats just my opinion, since I am not a clinical or trained
therapist.
Why not try the plonking game like old Nick and a few others like to
polay. It may do you some good!

See this was a nice post and totally respectfull. Next one will not be
even close! Give it a rest Carol!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:48 PM posted to rec.ponds

Tristan wrote:
Does it really mean a dam thing as to who a person is or what nym they
"continually use" Do you have a guilty conscience or what? Are you
being threatened? Are you beiing pursued? I doubt it, so shut the ****
up and let foks determine who is who and if they care to reply to
whoever is posting. Its not your dam decision now is it. Grow the hell
up and quit acting like a 65 year old punk......No one really cares
except you! You have a unique trait on bringinng out the worst in even
a saint!

But you are slightly missing the point here...if we are talking a
moderated group...the pair of you could not fight it out there....now
I'm not about to make any judgements as to who is right or wrong - it
matters not a jot....but a moderated pond group is a place you could
both post without fighting....maybe one or two of you don't want that
but I don't really believe it - well unless "the game" and war is most
important to you (10 years is a long time)....you will probably never
accept one another but even on a moderated newsgroup, as Derek pointed
out, there is still a kill file option....

And I know that you both know the spirit in which I post this....

Gill
Old 08-12-2006, 12:42 AM posted to rec.ponds

Don't patronise me please....I am totally aware who Tristan is and
cannot give a damn as long as he posts on topic....but then afterall if
rec.ponds is moderated that is totally how it should be....and imo the
same goes for you as well - now how is that for balanced????

There is no question of who is who...been here long enough to work that
out....IMO the only way a moderated group will work is to forget the
past and concentrate on people who can contribute on-topic - and I mean
you as well as Roy....even if some do not share the sentiments or the
advice given (woops maybe I also mean Jan suggesting the more expensive
Koi food) - on Usenet and in fact the internet in general we all have
the choice to follow or not what we are told - it would be a merry fool
that didn't go looking for back up info on what they read on Usenet
unless of course they trusted the poster impicitly...

But this detracts....a correctly moderated group would prevent these
personality conflicts....information given or opinions offered as always
should be verified....discussions initiated, even if by taking a
position that will generate the discussion not to the taste of everyone,
is a plus....

If Jabbers wishes to keep a goldfish in a tank because living in an
inner city appartment (and I don't even have a clue whether he does or
not) stops him from having a pond and he has a question about it....well
then, Jabbers, please ask your questions....Jabbers moves to the country
and digs himself a pond he knows where to come to for great
advice....Jabbers only has an interest in disrupting on-topic discussion
on ponds and fish - then Jabbers knows where he can go to....I guess
that might be moderation on a fair level....content not history or
personality.....

Gill
Old 08-12-2006, 01:13 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
Don't patronise me please....I am totally aware who Tristan is and cannot
give a damn as long as he posts on topic....

Sorry, I wasn't patronizing you. You said it's going on for 10 years but I
don't *KNOW* this Roy for more than 2 years.

but then afterall if
rec.ponds is moderated that is totally how it should be....and imo the
same goes for you as well - now how is that for balanced????

Of course! No problem...

There is no question of who is who...been here long enough to work that
out....IMO the only way a moderated group will work is to forget the past
and concentrate on people who can contribute on-topic - and I mean you as
well as Roy....

I have not attacked or even replied to him, and have known it was him after
the first few personal attack messages. No need to preach to the choir. ;-)

even if some do not share the sentiments or the
advice given (woops maybe I also mean Jan suggesting the more expensive
Koi food) - on Usenet and in fact the internet in general we all have the
choice to follow or not what we are told - it would be a merry fool that
didn't go looking for back up info on what they read on Usenet unless of
course they trusted the poster impicitly...

Oh,..... let's not go there Gill. I learned these past two years you can't
trust anyone you meet online. NO ONE! Too many of them have their own
agendas. And I'm speaking "in general" now. I'm not pointing a finger at
anyone in particular.

But this detracts....a correctly moderated group would prevent these
personality conflicts....information given or opinions offered as always
should be verified....discussions initiated, even if by taking a position
that will generate the discussion not to the taste of everyone, is a
plus....

My dear, we've all been over this already and I AGREE. :-) I'm not
patronizing you, but these personal attacks and insults on myself, my
husband and other posters here are not on-topic pond messages. These are not
discussions, they're ATTACKS designed to cause more disruption, suspicion,
lack of trust at hatred here than already exists.

If Jabbers wishes to keep a goldfish in a tank because living in an inner
city appartment (and I don't even have a clue whether he does or not)
stops him from having a pond and he has a question about it....well then,
Jabbers, please ask your questions....Jabbers moves to the country and
digs himself a pond he knows where to come to for great advice....Jabbers
only has an interest in disrupting on-topic discussion on ponds and fish -
then Jabbers knows where he can go to....I guess that might be moderation
on a fair level....content not history or personality.....

I think it's already been said that no one cares - *IF* they keep their
messages reasonably ON-TOPIC. :-)

--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:25 AM posted to rec.ponds

Köi-Lö wrote:

My dear, we've all been over this already and I AGREE. :-) I'm not
patronizing you, but these personal attacks and insults on myself, my
husband and other posters here are not on-topic pond messages. These are
not discussions, they're ATTACKS designed to cause more disruption,
suspicion, lack of trust at hatred here than already exists.

And so a moderated group will stop this....so back it 100% and stop
arguing against it with your other nyms...and I'm not stupid and nor are
others...your style of writing gives it away...just in the same way that
Roy's does...I know that you are doing this...OK it does give various
perspectives on the situation....but ask yourself what you really
want...and then stick to that tack with all of your IDs.....

If Jabbers wishes to keep a goldfish in a tank because living in an
inner city appartment (and I don't even have a clue whether he does or
not) stops him from having a pond and he has a question about
it....well then, Jabbers, please ask your questions....Jabbers moves
to the country and digs himself a pond he knows where to come to for
great advice....Jabbers only has an interest in disrupting on-topic
discussion on ponds and fish - then Jabbers knows where he can go
to....I guess that might be moderation on a fair level....content not
history or personality.....

I think it's already been said that no one cares - *IF* they keep their
messages reasonably ON-TOPIC. :-)

Yes, but is that acceptable to you??? If Jabbers, Roy or even Jan post
stuff contary to what you want to hear or believe....will you be able to
remain on a moderated group???? Do you in fact want a moderated group????

Gill