Old 16-12-2006, 03:05 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Well I'll be....some mods better check their ISP's

I stated this before, and do not get me wrong, but I will not be
theone that puts the word out to a pewrsons ISP, but out of the mods
mentioned there is in fact two of their ISP's that replied back with
an response to a hypothetical question I asked. I simply emailed all
ISP's of mods involved as wellas a few other various ISP's the simple
statement.

"I intend to moderate a USENET group, which will possibly add to my
current email traffic. Am I likely to incurr any additional charges
for this extra traffic that may result.

Guess what.....the two that "have" replied both of them stated Yes, we
consider the modertion to be high traffic much more than typical and
there would be a different method in place to assess
charges.....nteresting, expeically if someone is supposedly off the
grid, and may have that impulse to post and mod by way of their work
ISP's. I bet those work polaces would frown very much on folks taking
care of Moderation responsibilities on the employers nickle. This may
really get interesting............

-------
Old 16-12-2006, 03:29 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 09:05:53 -0600, Tristan
wrote:

[...]

As I mentioned in a previous post, a discussion of possible financial
encumbrances was mentioned briefly early on before any of the moderators
even began to draft the RFD. It was quickly established that even this
small group was willing to chip in more funds from their own pockets than
could conceivably be required by such a minor item as this. If money were
the only problem, believe me, we'd have no problem.

--
Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Illiterate? Write for FREE help
Old 16-12-2006, 04:35 PM posted to rec.ponds

Yea I just read that post where y'all gonna kick in as much as 500
bucks if necessary, I wonder just how long that is gonna
last..........In all reality yu all are more strappy than I initially
gave you credit for. Then again lots of folks buy their way into a
position so I guess this a normal thing for some.

Old 16-12-2006, 04:53 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:35:11 -0600, Tristan
wrote:

Yea I just read that post where y'all gonna kick in as much as 500
bucks if necessary, I wonder just how long that is gonna
last..........

I think you may have misread that. The $500 dollar figure was a minimum,
not a maximum.

Old 16-12-2006, 05:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

It matters not Galen if it was 500 or 5 or 5000. Some folks will go to
any extreme just for a title or to be in charge no matter what the
cost.....

I have better things to do that spend my mopney on such a foray. yet
alone provide a stage to allow carol to do her acting on at my
expense....Then again you earn it you spend it.

For 500 yu can sure get a more thanadequate forum that is almost a
mirrow image of what and how USENETS groups work and not have to jump
through all the hoops and contend with assholes, and still make it
darn easy to navigate just like USENET groups are, but no, you all
are too hard headed and narrow minded to do as such. Heck pics wold
even be doable, and it does not even resemble the typical web based
forums y'all bitch and complain about. IMHO you all would rather step
over a dollar to pick up a dime just to save face.

Above all enjoy and have fun. I am sure Carol enjoys all this crap
just to make her comfortable.

wrote:

Yea I just read that post where y'all gonna kick in as much as 500
bucks if necessary, I wonder just how long that is gonna
last..........

I think you may have misread that. The $500 dollar figure was a minimum,
not a maximum.

Can we consider y'all big time spenders or tycoons? Guess next step is
your own ISP! duh!

-------

Old 16-12-2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:10:21 -0600, Tristan
wrote:

It matters not Galen if it was 500 or 5 or 5000. Some folks will go to
any extreme just for a title or to be in charge no matter what the
cost.....

I know that, and I'm sure the rest of the moderators know that, it was
simply an illustration that many of us are quite serious about this, and
are more than willing to "put our money where our mouths are," to
paraphrase an old quote.

I have better things to do that spend my mopney on such a foray. yet
alone provide a stage to allow carol to do her acting on at my
expense....Then again you earn it you spend it.

"Better" is mostly subjective. For many, having a place for a discussion
is worth a lot. But as you say, "you earn it you spend it."

For 500 yu can sure get a more thanadequate forum that is almost a
mirrow image of what and how USENETS groups work and not have to jump
through all the hoops and contend with assholes, and still make it
darn easy to navigate just like USENET groups are,

It is arguable that you can replace USENET. You think it is possible,
others don't.

Old 16-12-2006, 05:56 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:40:04 -0500, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

snip

It is arguable that you can replace USENET. You think it is possible,
others don't.

I agree, expecialy when those thaty are in doubt are among most that
could not figure out how to make and use a kill filter so left in
frustration and now have managed to follow the trail of breadcrumbs
back now that others have cyphered out all they need to now and have
it dictated to them that this is what its going to be like....I tend
to view those more as sheep than I do poeple though.

-------
Old 16-12-2006, 06:41 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:56:33 -0600, Tristan
wrote:

I agree, expecialy when those thaty are in doubt are among most that
could not figure out how to make and use a kill filter so left in
frustration and now have managed to follow the trail of breadcrumbs
back now that others have cyphered out all they need to now and have
it dictated to them that this is what its going to be like....I tend
to view those more as sheep than I do poeple though.

I kind of know what you mean. I spent years and years teaching doctors and
double-degreed (several more than that) people how to use computers, in an
academic environment, no less. I was reminded again and again how even
highly educated people could appear like idiots in front of a computer
screen. Things that seemed perfectly obvious to me were often at the
limits of their understanding, technology that I would have expected them
to joyously embrace, they largely were reluctant to use. People who were
incredible researchers in micro-circulation were complete morons when using
computers. Experience has taught me to read nothing more into having poor
computer skills than having poor computing skills.

--
Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Illiterate? Write for FREE help

5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTERMANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOMEBUSINESS... Tonya Thompson United Kingdom 0 28-04-2009 01:30 PM
Well well! mark United Kingdom 6 11-03-2009 11:51 PM
Well well! Gordon H[_3_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 10:23 PM
to mods: Irrigation queries discussed.... ben@iss Marketplace 0 07-03-2006 05:38 PM
Well some people have some values! Aozotorp alt.forestry 0 29-07-2003 12:06 PM