Old 26-12-2006, 03:38 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Attn: **Persons Looking for Pond Information** -please read inside

Hi:

My name is Ron, and I'm part of a group that is working to have a
new pond newsgroup created. This group (the one you are now reading)
was pretty much destroyed over the past 2 years by trolls.

The new group will be called rec.ponds.moderated, and it should
be up and running within a month, _ if_ we get enough visible
support from persons like you.
For now, you can ask your questions here, and hopefully they will
get legitimate answers from the few long-time ponders who still scan
this group.

But we also ask you to go to the newsgroup called
"news.groups.proposals" and leave a message there offering your
support for the creation of "rec.ponds.moderated". This is very, very
important.

An organization called "Big8" is responsible for the creation
of certain newsgroups, and that ogranization oversees
"news.groups.proposals"

N.G..P is a new group itself. If your news provider doesn't yet
offer it, please ask them to add it.

And then _ please_ go to n.g.p and express your support for the
creation of rec.ponds.moderated.
With enough support from persons like you, the new group will
be created. "Big8" needs to see that there is visible support
for the new group before it will authorize the creation of
"rec.ponds.moderated".

Then, in the future, you will be able to come to this group
(rec.ponds) if you want to, but you will _ also_ be able to go to
rec.ponds.moderated, where you are guarenteed to find on-topic
answers, information and support for any of your ponding, water
garden, or fish questions.

So please go to n.g.p and add your voice of support.

If you have any questions, please contact me at
.

You may also contact:

Derek
Gail
Galen
~jan
Kathy30a
Phyllis
Jim

Again, thank you for your expressed support in n.g.p

Ron Schompert

P.S. Some of our resident trolls may respond to this message. If
so, please disregard them. The new group will be friendly and
on-topic, with no flames, attacks, etc.