Old 01-01-2007, 08:19 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Attn: ***All Persons Looking for Pond Help or Info*** -please read inside

(this message may be reposted in rec.ponds every 3-4 days
for the next several weeks)

Hi:

My name is Ron, and I'm part of a group that is working to have a
new pond newsgroup created. This group (the one you are now reading)
was pretty much destroyed over the past 2 years by trolls.

The new group will be called rec.ponds.moderated, and it should
be up and running within a month, _ if_ we get enough visible
support from persons like you.
For now, you can ask your questions here, and hopefully they will
get legitimate answers from the few long-time ponders who still scan
this group.

But we also ask you to go to the newsgroup called
"news.groups.proposals" and leave a message there offering your
support for the creation of "rec.ponds.moderated". This is very, very
important.

An organization called "Big8" is responsible for the creation
of certain newsgroups, and that ogranization oversees
"news.groups.proposals"

N.G..P is a new group itself. If your news provider doesn't yet
offer it, please ask them to add it.

And then _ please_ go to n.g.p and express your support for the
creation of rec.ponds.moderated.
With enough support from persons like you, the new group will
be created. "Big8" needs to see that there is visible support
for the new group before it will authorize the creation of
"rec.ponds.moderated".

Then, in the future, you will be able to come to this group
(rec.ponds) if you want to, but you will _ also_ be able to go to
rec.ponds.moderated, where you are guarenteed to find on-topic
answers, information and support for any of your ponding, water
garden, or fish questions.

So please go to n.g.p and add your voice of support.

If you have any questions, please contact me at
.

You may also contact:

Derek
Galen
~jan
Kathy30a
Phyllis
Jim

Again, thank you for your expressed support in n.g.p

Ron Schompert

P.S. Some of our resident trolls may respond to this message. If
so, please disregard them. The new group will be friendly and
on-topic, with no flames, attacks, etc.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:24 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
P.S. Some of our resident trolls may respond to this message. If
so, please disregard them. The new group will be friendly and
on-topic, with no flames, attacks, etc.

==================
Someone with time on their hands can go back and look for the e-mail
addresses of past rec.ponders. They can then send them an e-mail asking for
support. Everyone still lurking here has probably already responded and
gave their support.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:48 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 07:24:21 -0600, Zëbulon
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
P.S. Some of our resident trolls may respond to this message. If
so, please disregard them. The new group will be friendly and
on-topic, with no flames, attacks, etc.

==================
Someone with time on their hands can go back and look for the e-mail
addresses of past rec.ponders. They can then send them an e-mail asking for
support. Everyone still lurking here has probably already responded and
gave their support.

The "Attn" post is written primarily for new persons who may drift in
or be visiting for the first time. (Although I realize that this is a
very slow time of the year.)
I have chosen to post it every 3-4 days because some news
providers only keep messages for 3-4 days.
Of course, the better news providers, like supernews, keeps text
messages for 2-3 years.

I did this after scanning the newsgroup back 2 years and seeing
quite a few new persons come in, take one look at the mess, post a
message of frustration, and then leave. If any new person does drop
in during the next couple weeks, I want to be sure they will see at
least one copy of my message. Hopefully it will encourage them to
"stick around" until rpm is running.

ron

Old 01-01-2007, 05:22 PM posted to rec.ponds

Ron,

I appreciate your posting the invite regularly. I hope lurkers will
post to news.groups.proposals to support the formation of a less
frustrating moderated group. I thoroughly enjoyed the pond-related
interactions before we began to have so many conflictual posts. I
would be glad to see it renewed.

Jim

Old 01-01-2007, 06:34 PM posted to rec.ponds

"WE" I like that Carol, YOUR the main reason the moderated group is
needed. WE, ...sheesh, your a freaking idiot carol plain and simple
YOU are a bona fide dumbass.

WE, what you got a mouse in that pocket of yours or what? WE only htng
about you that resembles We is spelled WEE and its in reference to
your brain size......

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 11:38:46 -0600, Zëbulon
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
I did this after scanning the newsgroup back 2 years and seeing
quite a few new persons come in, take one look at the mess, post a
message of frustration, and then leave. If any new person does drop
in during the next couple weeks, I want to be sure they will see at
least one copy of my message. Hopefully it will encourage them to
"stick around" until rpm is running.
Excellent idea. Also, I'm sure when the Big8 sees what's going on here on
rec.ponds they'll realize this group is totally unusable. We'll get the
moderated group. A post like yours can be posted here constantly so all
newbies can be directed to the moderated group and not have to put up with
the abuse they'll get here.

-------