GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How many filters do you need for a saltwater tank? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/152010-re-how-many-filters-do-you-need-saltwater-tank.html)

Tristan 03-01-2007 02:44 PM

How many filters do you need for a saltwater tank?

Posted by
Ed Alston one of Carols socks hard at work.

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:09:22 -0600, Angel deVine ""
wrote:

You forgot RAMR again when.... you post to rec.ponds. i add it for you.

"Tristan" wrote in message
m...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, ............you lunatic.......

-------

Tristan wrote:
*I agree with Pszemol also. I have no mechanical filtration of any
kind on any of my tanks..My sand bed and live rock do it. I use hob
filters ( Aqua Clear brands) without media for current flow or a place
to put ac etc, not filter media, and the power heads provide nothing
but current flow, and nitrate or other junk has never been a problem
for me. I maintain all reef and reef w/fish tanks. All have surface
skimmers or protein skimmers.

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 13:33:48 -0500, Add Homonym
wrote:

Wayne Sallee wrote:
Yep :-)

Wayne Sallee
Wayne's Pets

Pszemol wrote on 12/25/2006 12:28 PM:

"Peter Pan" wrote in message

you want a filter that will filter your tank 5 or more times a hour, no
matter if its Salt or freshwater. Sump or no sump. Look on the side
of the
filter package when buyig a filter it will tell you how many Gallons per
hour (GPH) it does.

Are you guys talking about reef tanks ?
I am confused... This recomendation would be
agains the reef tank idea. Maybe fish only tanks ?

I would say I have to heartily disagree with Wayne and Peter Pan, and
very much agree with Pszemol. Mechanical filtration for a reef tank = bad.

-------

-------