Old 03-03-2007, 08:54 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Losing Fish over wintering

I keep losing fish every winter, today i picked out three fish, one KOI and
two Fan Tail Goldfish. What could be keeping this bad trend going. Any
ideas? Thanks................

Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Mar 3, 3:54 am, "Paul" wrote:
I keep losing fish every winter, today i picked out three fish, one KOI and
two Fan Tail Goldfish. What could be keeping this bad trend going. Any
ideas? Thanks................

Simple, you don't know a dam thing about fish.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:45 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 03:54:33 -0500, "Paul" wrote:

I keep losing fish every winter, today i picked out three fish, one KOI and
two Fan Tail Goldfish. What could be keeping this bad trend going. Any
ideas? Thanks................

Can't really say without more information.
Was the pond iced over?
How long was ice covering the pond?
How thick was the ice, and how deep was the water under the ice?
Was there a hole in the ice to allow gassing?
How many gallons of water is in your pond and how deep is it?
Did you check the pH and ammonia immediately after ice thaw?

If you can get through these questions without a better idea, give us
more details and we'll try to help you sort things out.

Regards,

Hal
Old 03-03-2007, 02:00 PM posted to rec.ponds

What are all the parameters of the water? Is there sufficient
aeration.....If they were well fed going ito the winter, and a spot in
the ice kept open if it freezes inthat region, and water paramters
were good, they shoul docme through winter just fine. Do yu have lots
of junk and crap on the pond bottom? More details would surely be
appreciated.

-------
Old 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Paul" wrote in message
. ..
I keep losing fish every winter, today i picked out three fish, one KOI
and two Fan Tail Goldfish. What could be keeping this bad trend going. Any
ideas? Thanks................

==============================
You haven't given us enough information. It could be lack of oxygen under
the ice, poor water quality in general caused by too many fish for the size
of your pond or the fish didn't have enough "fat" reserves to see them
through the winter.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 PM posted to rec.ponds

STFU carol your repeating stuff others already stated, you inane moron
and dancing puppet! No one ever pays you any attention anyhow you
lunatic and troll....

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 08:37:30 -0600, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

news:soWdnWzW0tADqnTYnZ2dnUVZ_qqrnZ2d@comcast. com...

Old 03-03-2007, 03:48 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 03:54:33 -0500, "Paul" wrote:

I keep losing fish every winter, today i picked out three fish, one KOI and
two Fan Tail Goldfish. What could be keeping this bad trend going. Any
ideas? Thanks................

Sick Fish or Sick Pond Form

Please describe your problem, including fish characteristics, like;
whirling, flashing, gasping at surface, wounds, etc.:

Pond Size in Gallons? (litres*.26=US Gallons):

Water Source (Well, Irrigation, City?)
If City how is water treated?: =

Time in Operation?
(How old is the pond/water?):

Liner type? (EPDM,PVC,RUBBER,Cement/Concrete etc):

Fish Population?
Type? Size? QTY, Time in Pond:

Food? Type and Frequency of feedings.:

Pump Type, IN/OUT of pond, GPH etc
(Describe your filtration system as well as possible):

Prefilter media type? Last cleaned?:

Filter is BIO or Mechanical? Last cleaned? How?:

Carbon added? How much? When last changed?:

Aeration? Waterfalls? Bubblers?
Venturies?:

Water Temp?

pH?:

KH?:

Ammonia (ppm or mg/l):

Nitrite (ppm or mg/l):

Nitrate (ppm or mg/l):

Water Color, cloudiness, odor?:

Water changes? (% of pond volume and how often):

Additives used (water conditioners etc):

Tests done by self or another?:

Weather (what's it been like lately?):

Medications used?:

What Zone or Country of residence?: