GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Goldfish? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/154824-goldfish.html)

[email protected] 03-03-2007 09:46 PM

Goldfish?

I was wondering........ why are goldfish called goldfish if they are
everyother colour then gold =S

~ jan 04-03-2007 01:12 AM

Goldfish?

On 3 Mar 2007 13:46:52 -0800, wrote:

I was wondering........ why are goldfish called goldfish if they are
everyother colour then gold =S

My guess, the first ones were probably a light orange color. ~ jan

No Name 06-03-2007 03:25 PM

Goldfish?

wrote:
I was wondering........ why are goldfish called goldfish if they are
everyother colour then gold =S

lost in the translation from the Japanese :)

swarvegorilla 16-04-2007 05:40 AM

Goldfish?

"~ jan" wrote in message
On 3 Mar 2007 13:46:52 -0800, wrote:

I was wondering........ why are goldfish called goldfish if they are
everyother colour then gold =S

My guess, the first ones were probably a light orange color. ~ jan

and those ones with light orange colour gave it the auratus part of it's
name
and that part means -gold
Woooot!