Old 19-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Critical Popperian

Default Turtles in Ponds?

We keep finding turtles washed down from the veggie/lilly/lotus ponds down
in our square, inescapable large pond. Can turtles survive in a large
inescpable (for a turtle) pond? I.e., without a place to grab on to, can
they make it free floating?
Old 19-04-2003, 02:44 AM
K30a

cp Can turtles survive in a large
inescpable (for a turtle) pond?

Is there a rock ledge in the pond?
What turtles need is place to bask so they can warm up their innards in order
to function.
Snappers will bask in shallow water but most other turtles need to get out and
bask at the edge of the pond.
If you can build an island that would work.
I built mine out of builder's brick and topped it with a wide shallow planter
full of creeping jenny and iris.
The turtles would float up and onto the island.

k30a
Old 19-04-2003, 03:08 AM

In , on 04/18/03
at 09:21 PM, Critical Popperian said:

We keep finding turtles washed down from the veggie/lilly/lotus ponds

What kind of turtles are they?

Alan

**** Please use address to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564