GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Questions re proposed new pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/15526-questions-re-proposed-new-pond.html)

Jo Anne Slaven 19-04-2003 04:56 AM

Questions re proposed new pond

Hi all,

Haven't posted to this newsgroup in quite a few years, but I remember
that you all are a very helpful bunch of people.

I've recently moved to a rural area, and have a really big piece of
property on which to put a new pond. My husband and I used to have a
little (250 gallon) garden pond at our last house, so I have a pretty
good idea of what is involved - I just need some ideas for something
bigger.

I'd love to have a HUGE pond, but I think this would be too much
work/money right now - especially the cost of the liner. My idea is to
have a "double" pond - two separate ponds right next to each other with
a bridge or walkway between the two so that it looks like one big pond.
Maybe a bit of a waterfall under the bridge. This type of set-up would
also allow us to incorporate a third pond, possibly *much* bigger, at
some time in the future.

Has anyone here built a similar pond? I'd really like to be able to see
some pictures for some landscaping ideas.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jo Anne