GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pond filtration (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/155603-pond-filtration.html)

[email protected] 21-03-2007 08:12 PM

pond filtration

I have a preformed fiberglass pond. 11 fish - very very oversized
goldfish.

I have one of those cheap filters in which you need to constantly
clean the sponge filters and it never gets rid of the green nor the
smell.

Can someone point me in a good direction?

I live in Denver, CO

Thanks alot

Reel McKoi 21-03-2007 08:52 PM

pond filtration - please go to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a preformed fiberglass pond. 11 fish - very very oversized
goldfish.

I have one of those cheap filters in which you need to constantly
clean the sponge filters and it never gets rid of the green nor the
smell.

Can someone point me in a good direction?

I live in Denver, CO

Thanks alot

============================
Hi! Everyone has abandoned this NG for rec.ponds.moderated. Please post
your questions there as we have many experienced ponders to help you. If
your ISP doesn't carry the moderated group these free News Service Providers
(NSPs) do:

http://news.tornevall.net/
http://news.motzarella.org
http://www.news.greatnowhere.com/
http://albasani.net/

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Reel McKoi 21-03-2007 08:56 PM

pond filtration

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a preformed fiberglass pond. 11 fish - very very oversized
goldfish.

How large is your pond? Each large adult goldfish needs about 20 gallons of
water.

I have one of those cheap filters in which you need to constantly
clean the sponge filters and it never gets rid of the green nor the
smell.

Smell? Are you doing the needed partial water changes at least twice a
month? Is there a lot of crud rotting on the bottom?

Can someone point me in a good direction?

We need more information. Sponges clog quickly when there's algae in the
water. You may want to invest in a better, bigger filter.

I live in Denver, CO

Thanks alot

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

~Roy~ 21-03-2007 10:19 PM

pond filtration http://www.koiphen.com or koishack.com is where its at!

http://www.koiphen.com or http://www.koishack.com

No need to wait and wait for a reply or answer to a question and no
power hungry moderators.

-------

~Roy~ 21-03-2007 10:27 PM

pond filtration Erroneous info from a gutter crawler named Carol Gulley

And this ****ing info coming from a gutter crawler like you huh CArol
Gulley the pro troll of usenet and master of forged posts. Get a clue
bitch, your a dumbass moron who needs a clue ............that double
wide mobile home is not a victorian mansion like the claims you
make......

-------

~ jan 22-03-2007 12:49 AM

pond filtration

On 21 Mar 2007 13:12:35 -0700, wrote:

I have a preformed fiberglass pond. 11 fish - very very oversized
goldfish.

I have one of those cheap filters in which you need to constantly
clean the sponge filters and it never gets rid of the green nor the
smell.

Can someone point me in a good direction?

I live in Denver, CO

Thanks alot

Hi Todd, check out my website, especially the bottom of the pond filter
page.
www.jjspond.us Then come visit rec.ponds.moderated. ~ jan :-)
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

drsolo 22-03-2007 04:57 AM

pond filtration

I would highly recommend that you subscribe to rec.ponds.moderated where
there is no trolls and nasty stuff allowed and ask for help there. Ingrid

oups.com...

swarvegorilla 23-03-2007 06:14 AM

pond filtration

One question....
How are you cleaning the filters?
It sounds like you are doing them under a tap.
Try cleaning them in a bucket of water drawn from the pond.
As to the green, cutting back sunlight and increasing partial water changes
will help a lot.
The smell though should be easy enough taken care of by your filter
bacteria.
stop trying to get the filter 'clean'
just squeeze it out to unblock the sponge, then tip the dirty filter
cleaning water on the garden.
Look after the bacteria and it will look after the water.

oups.com...