GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond Vac Advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/155968-pond-vac-advice.html)

KerplunKuK 28-03-2007 04:41 PM

Pond Vac Advice

I have a pond that is 5m * 5m * (0.4m-1.5m) deep. It has turtles and fish
in it.
I am looking for a pond vac to use with this, but there seem to be so many,
with so little information.

Can anyone here recommend what they use, or advise to not buy a model for
any reason?
Thanks

--
XBL : D0C RAY

Reel McKoi 28-03-2007 06:30 PM

Pond Vac Advice

"KerplunKuK" [dot]uk wrote in message
I have a pond that is 5m * 5m * (0.4m-1.5m) deep. It has turtles and fish
in it.
I am looking for a pond vac to use with this, but there seem to be so
many, with so little information.

Can anyone here recommend what they use, or advise to not buy a model for
any reason?

========================
Do *NOT* buy the one called Cyprio hand pump vac. It's totally useless. We
paid $50 for ours and felt ripped off.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Rodney Pont 28-03-2007 07:12 PM

Pond Vac Advice

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:41:16 +0100, KerplunKuK wrote:

I have a pond that is 5m * 5m * (0.4m-1.5m) deep. It has turtles and fish
in it.
I am looking for a pond vac to use with this, but there seem to be so many,
with so little information.

Can anyone here recommend what they use, or advise to not buy a model for
any reason?
Thanks

I don't use one but the Oase Pondvac has an outlet hose as well as
inlet so it can pump out a container while filling the other
one.

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/cat...ts-cleaning-eq
uipment.asp

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

~Roy~ 30-03-2007 03:33 AM

Pond Vac Advice

Cyprio works fine but evidenty some have big time problems even
working a simple skimmer net. Hard to b eat for the price and it does
work if its used right. Best bet is astandard shop vac with a foat
cutoff and get double use out of it around the house as wel.

-------