GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What ISP's & NSP's are still not carrying rec.ponds.moderated? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/157539-re-what-isps-nsps-still-not-carrying-rec-ponds-moderated.html)

Hugo Villeneuve 26-04-2007 03:30 PM

What ISP's & NSP's are still not carrying rec.ponds.moderated?

Edrik wrote:

wrote:

As a result, I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone with
regards to what ISP's and NSP's are _still_ not carrying rpm. (Its
now been 5+ weeks since rpm started, on March 13th.)

And people are still posting on-topic subjects to rec.ponds

There was always people posting on topic on rec.ponds. That's why it was
invaded for so long by kooks. There is no point in annoying nobody.

If you ask me, it's the creation of rpm that cleaned rp by a lot.
Without it, nothing would have changed.

With most of the crossposting kooks leaving and only the rpm discrediter
left in rp, I doubt any removal of rp would ever work at any point.
People will have it both ways.

There's something funny in the remove RFD for rec.games.frp.moderated:

"As noted by Rick Pikul in June 2003:

The trolls that were causing the problem in rgf.misc have engaged
in a concentrated plot to kill rgf.mod.

They are doing this by, mostly, behaving themselves.

"

Phyllis and Jim 26-04-2007 07:59 PM

What ISP's & NSP's are still not carrying rec.ponds.moderated?

If you ask me, it's the creation of rpm that cleaned rp by a lot.
Without it, nothing would have changed.

The discussion on news.groups strongly suggested that the moderated
group might well clean up the non-moderated group.

Jim

Cyli 27-04-2007 11:06 AM

What ISP's & NSP's are still not carrying rec.ponds.moderated?

On 26 Apr 2007 11:59:33 -0700, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

If you ask me, it's the creation of rpm that cleaned rp by a lot.
Without it, nothing would have changed.

The discussion on news.groups strongly suggested that the moderated
group might well clean up the non-moderated group.

Jim

My guess is that it will, but the time might stretch out to a year or
two down the line. And it'll go bad again if the 'normal' 'regular'
users repeat the behaviour of responding to anything by disruptive
posters.
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli