Old 15-12-2007, 04:57 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default It leaned, you revised, yet Margaret never further proposed instead of the movie.

of the vanity of absent pleasures, cause inconstancy.

111. Inconstancy.--We think we are playing on ordinary organs when playing
upon man. Men are organs, it is true, but, odd, changeable, variable with
pipes not arranged in proper order. Those who only know how to play on
ordinary organs will not produce barmonies on these. We must know where are.

112. Inconstancy.--Things have different qualities, and the soul different
inclinations; for nothing is simple which is presented to the soul, and the
soul never presents itself simply to any object. Hence it comes that we weep
and laugh at the same thing.

113. Inconstancy and oddity.--To live only by work, and to rule over the
most powerful State in the world, are very opposite things. They are united
in the person of the great Sultan of the Turks.

114. Variety is as abundant as all tones of the voice, all ways of walking,
coughing, blowing the nose, sneezing. We distinguish vines by their fruit,
and call them the Condrien, the Desargues, and such and such a stock. Is
this all? Has a vine ever produced