Old 27-12-2007, 07:31 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Schengen-expansion offers new 4x4 route....:))

us away from Him, we are
full of unrighteousness. It must give us an explanation of our opposition to
God and to our own good. It must teach us the remedies for these infirmities
and the means of obtaining these remedies. Let us, therefore, examine all
the religions of the world and see if there be any other than the Christian
which is sufficient for this purpose.

Shall it be that of the philosophers, who put forward, as the chief good,
the good which is in ourselves? Is this the true good? Have they found the
remedy for our ills? Is man's pride cured by placing him on an equality with
God? Have those who have made us equal to the brutes, or the Mohammedans who
have offered us earthly pleasures as the chief good even in eternity,
produced the remedy for our lusts? What religion, then, will teach us to
cure pride and lust? What religion will, in fact, teach us our good, our
duties, the weakness which turns us from them, the cause of this weakness,
the remedies which can cure it, and the means of obtaining these remedies?

All other religions have not been able to do so. Let us see what the wisdom
of God will do.

"Expect neither truth," she says, "nor consolation from men. I am she who
formed you, and who alone can teach you what you are. But you are now no
longer in the state in which I formed you. I created man holy, innocent,
perfect. I filled him with light and intelligence. I communicated

Pond expansion Rick Samuel Ponds (moderated) 0 02-07-2009 01:39 PM
Nine more countries join Schengen space - Fortress Europe extends east and south Lüko Willms Ponds 0 25-12-2007 06:03 PM
close believe her coming expansion Ofc. Christopher O. Mooe Ponds 0 07-11-2007 07:42 AM
Pond Expansion RG Ponds (moderated) 13 29-08-2007 12:26 AM
pond expansion rc Ponds 4 26-09-2005 12:04 PM